Drone Photos

Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
We all know these things can take away our freedom, invade our privacy and make us laughing stocks - victims on facebook and youtube!!

Honestly I have never been a fan of them being available to the general public because so many have abused the technology in ways I didn't care for. 

large_1c15532e-220c-4bc4-bbe2-51ba9c40c5d7.jpg

Actually they should not be called a drone I think because they are really just a quad copter. I think mostly that just like anything it is a few rotten apples that give everyone else a bad name. I have a toy grade drone that I am using to learn how they operate and hopefully plan to get a better one in the future. I am glad I went with the toy grade because man I would hate to do what I have done to it with a more expensive one.  :blink:  I have actually put it up because I have been so busy but seeing this I think I am ready to get back at it!!

Beautiful pictures and beautiful lake by the way. 

Here is a video of a wreck I had. This is what we call a frankenspidey. It is basically a rebuilt toy grade quadcopter because the original housing would crack rather easily. This video is a bit old though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an avid photographer, and recently added a DJI Mavic Pro to my camera collection. To me, thats exactly what it is, a flying camera. I use it to capture shots that as mentioned, used to required renting a helicopter or aircraft to take.

Similar to using a powerful telephoto lens, the pictures can be breathtaking, or invasive. It is up to the user.

I bought mine mostly with the intention of using it out on the boat. Capturing pics while at Lake Powell etc. I hope that the bad apples don't ruin it for the rest of us. Pictures from the air can be epic.

I'm an avid photographer, and recently added a DJI Mavic Pro to my camera collection. To me, thats exactly what it is, a flying camera. I use it to capture shots that as mentioned, used to required renting a helicopter or aircraft to take.

Similar to using a powerful telephoto lens, the pictures can be breathtaking, or invasive. It is up to the user.

I bought mine mostly with the intention of using it out on the boat. Capturing pics while at Lake Powell etc. I hope that the bad apples don't ruin it for the rest of us. Pictures from the air can be epic.

Make sure to share some photos and videos here!

While you're at it, I'd check with your insurance agent to make sure you have proper coverage in place (particularly liability coverage). Drones are likely excluded from coverage unless endorsed to the policy. 

State Farm offers $60 year ins on the drone against theft, loss ( sinking ) etc. I've never heard of liability insurance for a drone.

How much are we talking about for a decent drone/quad copter/camera?!?

Darril  check DJI's web site, the price all depends on what you want. These are some better ones. I also have 2 quad copters (drones) a DJI Phantom 3 standard and also DJI Mavic Pro. The mavic pro is very nice, it is powerful  and has a lot of internal flight options, very compact and portable. And phantom 3 standard is a good starter if you don't want to spend a lot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
State Farm offers $60 year ins on the drone against theft, loss ( sinking ) etc. I've never heard of liability insurance for a drone.

Physical damage coverage is fine, but the real money exposure is liability due to bodily injury, physical damage to non-owned property and personal injury (e.g. invasion of privacy, etc). I'd buy liability coverage first if I had one.

The one used here at The Lake

New 1425.00 USD

Pricey but the photos and videos are breathtaking

26961756_1879199645704011_1202842566590927300_o.jpg

Love These Photos

Last edited:
Register your drone

Also do not forget to register. I was lucky and did my registration when it was first implemented but then again it is only $5 for 3 years I think. You only need one number for all drones.

I dont have 1 ,if I did ,I would not have a problem registering it 

Back