Drought = low lake level

Why can't we require the unemployed and welfare recipients do tasks like this?

But that would not be dignified. Workfare is a dirty word!

Oh yeah, because accepting money for doing nothing is sooooo honorable and dignifying!

You realize that was sarcastic on my part, right? We need a "sarcasm" font. If it were up to me, no work, no pay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's get back on topic, gentlemen!

Sorry.

Tooner,

We're singing from the same hymnal!

We got some rain the other night and our lake shot up about 6 inches over night and is holding. Nice! Back to full!

Were at about normal levels still.  They drain the lake every year as it gets closer to winter, they said they will drain a little more than usual this year to inspect the dam.  

This time last year Lake Norman was already getting low. We ended up taking our boat out mid September. 

This year is a different story. Plenty of rain and the lake level is normal.......

This time last year Lake Norman was already getting low. We ended up taking our boat out mid September. 

This year is a different story. Plenty of rain and the lake level is normal.......

But if its raining you are still not boating so what's the difference :blink: .  Same up here BigKahuna, been frustrating the last two weekends being at the lake but not using the boat.  Supposed to be nice this weekeend

We have only had maybe 4 or 5 days with rain this year here in Mid Michigan. It's been one of the best summers I can remember for temperatures and sunny/dry conditions for being outside. Of course one of those days it rained was on my sons 1st birthday party and we were stuck inside.....

We've had a very unsettled system in our area for the last few weeks. Beautiful mornings for the most part, then showers and thunderstorms in the afternoons and evenings. Hard to plan a cruise in those conditions. Our water is at or above normal, depending on how open they have the gates at the spillway.

But if its raining you are still not boating so what's the difference :blink: .  Same up here BigKahuna, been frustrating the last two weekends being at the lake but not using the boat.  Supposed to be nice this weekeend

Lots of rain north of the lake and it flows down the river. It doesn't have to rain here.

One week and counting before we head that way.  Should be there mid Friday morning.

Ley us know if you need a hand with the boat. I can meet you at the ramp.

We should be alright once we figure out where we are going, lol.  Thank you Carl.

We should be alright once we figure out where we are going, lol.  Thank you Carl.

Where are you guys going??? Are you putting in on the Denver/west side?!?

Link.......Been using the boat at least 2 or 3 times a week. Even more when we have company/family and go out on the weekends. Been taking a lot of after dinner rides.  Cruise around have dessert watch the sun set put the boat away........

Back