Dry storage/Boatel

Took the boat to the marina last Friday. Pulled up to the dock and told them to fill it up. Members get $.50 off a gallon so we paid $4.55 a gallon for E free 90 octane. We took the Biminis down, raised the motor then got out of their way! It was a bit unnerving to watch this huge forklift pick our boat up like a little toy and put it in it's ground level spot..... IMG_20220910_152853485_HDR.jpgIMG_20220910_152835867.jpg

Once a month during the off season they will move my boat to a "repair" rack and I'll plug my batteries/onboard charger in for 24 hrs to maintain them. (Charging is not allowed in the storage area)
Daril, why not just pull your batteries and avoid any potential damage caused by monthly handling? Am I missing something?

Daril, why not just pull your batteries and avoid any potential damage caused by monthly handling? Am I missing something?
I guess I could but I've gotten lazy in my old age! Ha! I have a built in plug with a waterproof cap on the outside rear just to the right of the door. (You can see it in the picture) I just have to run an extension cord to it. Plus I'll try to keep the forklift drivers busy at least once a month!

Perfect time to remove that anode next to your transducer! :p
Haha! I think about you everytime I see it! I had so many opportunities to do it when it was on the lift the past 2 years! I'll get it done!

Haha! I think about you everytime I see it! I had so many opportunities to do it when it was on the lift the past 2 years! I'll get it done!

I just have your best interests in mind! Can't wait for the day when you're screaming down the lake at 45mph and all of a sudden seeing on the sonar that you're in 2 feet of water - will make retirement from the force a little more exciting!

Back