Dual Battery Upgrade - 22SSBXP

Smitty76

Reaction score
Hey all,
New to forum with my purchase of a 2017 Benny. Love the boat and quality. Already adding a 2nd battery with a blue sea ACR (mini). When finished, adding a sub and amp along with a on board battery charger. My question is the grounding of the ACR. I have the current ground from my starting battery going to the motor block. I have not found any other grounding block or bus bar for anything else. Is this enough ground? Can I use this ground from the motor to add a bus bar near my batteries and reattach the ground to battery? Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

There's a lot of current in the starting circuit, so I wouldn't mess with the motor ground. My charging relay ground goes to one of the batteries, and both batteries are grounded together.

Thanks for the info, it seems the motor is the boat ground, but i'm no expert by no means.

Negative terminal on your battery is your boat ground. I used the factory distribution panel

Screenshot_20180619-054147_Chrome.jpg

Which I suppose is a bus bar. Your motor is grounded to the battery, not vice versa.

Back