Dual Thrust Props

tecthis

Reaction score
My bennington has a yamaha t50 outboard on it. After some research on props i found a Dual Thrust prop

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/242/1108/8472/all/1/7868/0/detail.aspx

Its claimed to:

"The unique, patented design directs the exhaust flow away from the blades, reducing ventilation so your blades are cutting through “clean water”. The result? High efficiency, better acceleration, more control, providing up to 70% more thrust in reverse and 60% more in forward than other three blade propellers."I

Anyone have one of these or know more about them? Just wondering if they its worth getting.

thanks,

Alex...

I don't think you would like the results.

That prop is good for putting more power to the water without getting into unweildy diameters and pitches.

A Mercury 14x9p with the appropriate mercury thrust washer is your best bet with that engine. That's what I usually run on my T50.

I have a T50 on my 20S and am stuck at 4800 RPM WOT running a 14x11 I am praying to god that switching to a 14x9 bring my RPM closer to 6000!

any other suggestions?

I have a T50 on my 20S and am stuck at 4800 RPM WOT running a 14x11 I am praying to god that switching to a 14x9 bring my RPM closer to 6000!

any other suggestions?

Has it ever ran at 6,000 RPM? 

Something is up. I'd call the dealer or check the Yamaha performance bulletins so see what they recommend.  

UPDATE:  I went home and looked at my 14x11 propr and its some cheap ass walmart prop that they gave me for a brand new Benny. I am hoping the recommended Dual Thrust Prop by Yamamha that they are ordering to replace it will  fix the issue

OK, so brand-new out the door and only 4,600 - 4,800 RPM?  I'd be having a serious talk with the dealer as to why and how they came up with that prop for that motor/boat combination.  You're seriously off on that prop (I know, Capt. Obvious here).  Before you start buying props, I'd talk to the dealer.  

Back