Easy way to add a GPH fuel gauge?

jcr159

Reaction score
Anyone know if/how I can easily add a fuel consumption gauge to my boat? it's a new 2022 24 lsb, with the yamaha 250 vmax... I think the 250 vmax has all electronic busing that I should be able to just plug into? Is there a gauge I can just buy and wire into the harness? or is it a lot more complicated? I'm probably oversimplifying it, lol. My wife says I always do!

If you have a Simrad it should be already there. Mine is 28.5 gph at wot . 250 Verado

If you have a Simrad it should be already there. Mine is 28.5 gph at wot . 250 Verado

unfortunately i have the cheapo garmin striker 4... no fuel or engine data available...

I just saw you have a Yamaha ,so you cant add the Vessel View .

Should be fairly straight forward, especially if you have a DEC engine. Those will come with a Yamaha hub in your helm, so a Yam fuel gauge plugs right in. If you have a mechanical engine you still may have a spare plug bundled in with harness that goes to the helm somewhere. If you don't have a plug at the helm, there is a spare on under your cowling that you'll have to tap into and run to your gauge.

Several members also have fuel data going to our chartplotter/MFD's via a NMEA 2000 network. I run both.

Here's a picture of my hub and the back of the 6y8 gauge.

8AFB1403-759A-4372-ADA8-E0CFE0C44928.jpeg
4B7CD12F-11D6-4948-AF99-337B82E4004E.jpeg

Back