Echo 100

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Hey, anyone with the echo 100 and even the 431, how well are they for reading depth at any kind of speed? Looking at ordering the 2275 RCW ,I know that on my 2075GLi, the depth finder doesn't really work once you hit about 10mph, wonder if either of these are better.

Thanks,

Derrick

Hey, anyone with the echo 100 and even the 431, how well are they for reading depth at any kind of speed? Looking at ordering the 2275 RCW ,I know that on my 2075GLi, the depth finder doesn't really work once you hit about 10mph, wonder if either of these are better.

Thanks,

Derrick
Bulldog, I had the Garmin 400c on my old boat and had the same problems. When my boat was in at a Marina I mentioned it. I was told the the transducer was being thrown off by being installed too close to the outboard motor and the wake was affecting it, They moved it and then it worked at any speed.

I don't understand how a $40K boat can come with an $89 black and white fish finder. If you only need a fishfinder consider: Garmin 300c - 3.5" color - $220 or the 5" 500c = $350

My dealer just ordered the Garmin 531s = $600. We both think it will fit [just barely] as a flat dash mount where the echo100 is now on my RLi console

Thanks Link, I was kind of surprised that the 431s is an $831 upgrade when they are $499 list price. Especially since its an upgrade from a $100 Echo, but if it would work right,then hey, it's better than what I have!

Thanks Link, I was kind of surprised that the 431s is an $831 upgrade when they are $499 list price. Especially since its an upgrade from a $100 Echo, but if it would work right,then hey, it's better than what I have!
the prices I quoted are from the internet. I had seen the upgrade price on the Bennie web site so I went to my dealer with the prices in hand and told him this is what I can buy them for, I told him he didn't have to match them but what he work with me. He said let me see what i can do, so I will find out next week.

Back