Electric Bemini Top

carribeanmum

Reaction score
Anyone have an electric bemini top? Have you liked it and is it worth the money? Any issues or troubles? Anyone have pictures of it?

Last edited:
I don’t have one so can’t comment but there have been previous discussions about them that you could probably find with the search box at the top. One of those members will probably reply.

I thought about it and was going to buy one based on my experience with my buddies boat. His bimini (chrome metal poles) is heavy and a pain to put up/down. The current bimini on my boat is light weight (made of aluminum??) and very easy to put up and down so I'm not disappointed I didn't go with the electric. Go to a dealer and put one up and down to see for yourself. It also eliminates something else that can give you problems. Maybe if I had to put it up/down a few times on most trips (going under bridges) I'd get it. I put mine up almost every time out and leave it up until I get back to the dock.

The only time I have seen an electric Bimini top in person was when we test drove another brands pontoon boat. The operation was seamless and it was very durable. The salesmen had the boat traveling over 50 mph and the Bimini top was up and had no problem.....

Our power bimini was flawless in 4 seasons. Since we're on a covered lift it was raised and lowered each time we used the boat, at least on sunny days, so it had plenty of cycles. I tended to crank it down at higher speeds, though I don't think it was really necessary to do so.

I had the hydraulic Power Arm on my last boat (2008 Bently, factory installed) and it was terrific...The only problem I had with it was the elastic cord that collapses the supporting arms wore out after a few years and you had to put a hand on the bars when lowering flat so they didn't jam into each other. I had the boat for 8 years and never had a problem other than that...I would have gone with it again but I took an instock boat due to a price that was hard to pass up. I believe the newer models are no longer hydraulic and just use electric screw actuators. I will really consider adding in the future but the hardware bennington uses on the square tube bimini's is very easy to raise and lower. I read a few accounts of people mentioning they were not the most durable on faster boats but my last boat topped out at 25mph and never had a problem.

The current model is all electric. I think the pwr-arm.com website lists a 25 mph limit when open and 50 mph in the radar position with the boot. My boat tops out at 24 mph so I may go for it this winter and of course keep the Bennington Bimini handy just in case.

We got the electric Bimini with our 2017 Bennington this past year. We LOVE it!!!

Raising and lowering it is as simple as pushing the button. Since it goes up and down every time we are out with it coming off our lift, it gets a lot of use. In particular, my wife appreciates not having to mess with the Bimini beyond pushing the button, and truth be told, me neither.

With this being our first year with the boat, I have no long term dependability to report. However, based on our experience so far, I would absolutely get it again if I were buying a new boat. It's a great option!

Anyone have an electric bemini top? Have you liked it and is it worth the money? Any issues or troubles? Anyone have pictures of it?

I just installed dual Bimini electric tops from PWR-ARM
I would say my best option so far. Excellent quality and sure makes it more easy to get some shade.

Mounted the front one backwards and they fold up nice together.

Also ordered replacement Sumbrella canvas for them (Northstar Products) which improved look and operation.

I just installed dual Bimini electric tops from PWR-ARM
I would say my best option so far. Excellent quality and sure makes it more easy to get some shade.

Mounted the front one backwards and they fold up nice together.

Also ordered replacement Sumbrella canvas for them (Northstar Products) which improved look and operation.
Could you post pictures of your setup?

Sure, next time I am up at the lake will do.

Rear Bimini was a little tricky due to angle of rail.

Okay thanks. I have a 2016 RSB 2575 with dual bimini's. It's a pain lowering them for trailering and raising back to the radar position. I spend my winters in Florida and would probably use the bimini"s more if they were powered. In the summers in Michigan, I very rarely use the bimini's because everyone enjoys the sun.

Finally made it up for pictures, note the short square post added to level rear arms. Front arms are fine without adjustment. I salvaged the square tube from another bimini frame. Also ran all the wires thru frames, over to opposite side.

Last edited:
Great idea running the wires through the frame to the other side!!

Finally made it up for pictures, note the short square post added to level rear arms. Front arms are fine without adjustment. I salvaged the square tube from another bimini frame. Also ran all the wires thru frames, over to opposite side.

I've got it on our 2013 2575RCW and when cruising all 28 lakes on our chain it comes in handy on one very low bridge. I do not have it on a recently bought 2017 RCL, so we shall see if we miss it or not!

Considering adding the PwrArm top to my 2012 2275 over the winter. Does the different arm configuration impact the use of the factory mooring cover at all?

Also, does anyone have a close up pic of the support bracket referenced on several threads?

Thanks

I don’t use a mourning cover so not sure how it would fit around support bracket. See picture above of mounted support bracket.

I will say it’s one of the best add-one I have added!

Back