Electric Bimini

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before, so please forgive me. I'm thinking hard about installing an electric bimini. Between up and down for a bridge and my boat lift, seems like I'm constantly going up or down. My question is do's and don'ts, installation pointers, and experience with SureShade Power Bimini. Thanks in advance for everyone's advice.dogs.jpg

My writeup. Highly recommended.

Jackpita with the deets! Woot! Woot! :)

Thinking about the sureshade as well. Question- do you think I would be able to retrofit my existing frame, so I can still have the LED lights that are currently installed, or is it just much easier to use their frame?

Thinking about the sureshade as well. Question- do you think I would be able to retrofit my existing frame, so I can still have the LED lights that are currently installed, or is it just much easier to use their frame?
I retrofitted the actuators to my boat up north. A salvage source made the cost a bit cheaper than cost of service parts. The low amp circuit breaker was hard to find but probably easier now. The trickiest part was the travel stop on the rear frame member. The front arm is powered while the rear arm limits travel. The rear arm rotates up until the end of the arm hits the horizontal surface within the assembly. If you have curved arms then you will probably have to custom grind the ends a little at a time until your top is level and has equal rotation side to side. It’s a fun project but do not expect plug and play.

I retrofitted the actuators to my boat up north. A salvage source made the cost a bit cheaper than cost of service parts. The low amp circuit breaker was hard to find but probably easier now. The trickiest part was the travel stop on the rear frame member. The front arm is powered while the rear arm limits travel. The rear arm rotates up until the end of the arm hits the horizontal surface within the assembly. If you have curved arms then you will probably have to custom grind the ends a little at a time until your top is level and has equal rotation side to side. It’s a fun project but do not expect plug and play.
Good info, thanks for that. Reinforces the conclusion I came to. Found the kit on sale from Overton's for $1400. I asked the dealer by me if there was a retrofit kit, and they said the factory poo-pooed that idea, but will gladly tack it onto a new order for $3200.00 Looks like snaking wire thru my dinette leg and underneath floor from port side will be the tough part.

… Looks like snaking wire thru my dinette leg and underneath floor from port side will be the tough part.
I would like to make a wiring recommendation. Run equal wire length running to each actuator. This will create equal current flow to each actuator. The unused length going to the the starboard side can be coiled under the console.

I would like to make a wiring recommendation. Run equal wire length running to each actuator. This will create equal current flow to each actuator. The unused length going to the the starboard side can be coiled under the console.
Great Idea! will do

There is no manufacturer specific model. Just order the power Bimini kit and install it!

Back