Express tube question

Couldn’t tell if Link had shirt on or not he was flying by to fast. I will check it out this summer and make him stand up to see if he has pants on or not
Some things are just better not seen. This is one of those.

Ha, never have pants on, haven't worn a pair of pants in two years. Either bathing suit or shorts. But I have a good "No Pants" story:

Two years ago when we arrived in Florida for our first winter KP and I thought we would spend the day at the Merritt Island National Wildlife Center and go then go to the beach at the National Seashore. Stopped in at the Visitors Center and grabbed a map and saw a location marked "Turtle Mound" Asked a ranger about it and he explained it was a highly sensitive area and you need to stay on the 6' wide boardwalk and if you come at the right time you can see Sea Turtles nesting or hatching. It was noon and we knew we wouldn't see anything but wanted to make sure we knew where it was so we got in the car and thought we would find it and then go to the beach.

It was a crappy map and the National Seashore is 23 miles long but we started at the southern end and headed north. Never found it that day and when we reached the end there was a simple loop turn around, only option was to turn around and go back. So we decided to just grab our beach chairs and cooler and hit the beach where we were. Climb up the stairs cross the dunes on the boardwalk and down the stairs to the beach. We set up our chairs and pop a Mich Ultra. All of a sudden we realize we are the only ones wearing a bathing suit, Nude Beach. Well we didn't disrobe but we did stay a while. On the way home we laughed about it and we each told a story. I was amazed at how naked strollers loved to stop and chat and would stand right in front of you (sitting in a beach chair you know what's at eye lever for me). Kathy was amazed at how many guys there were nicknamed "Horse".

Ha! I've never been to one of those beaches but you confirmed my suspicions, all bro's walking around and no chicks!!

And that ladies and gentlemen is how you hijack a thread, derail it and light it on fire.

Our dealer had some mesh covers and line protectors to keep muskrats our of the transom area and where some motor/electrical items are located. It was a reasonable cost. I’d recommend discussing it first with your dealer and see what options they may already have that fit your needs on the M bracket holes. They might already have a cost effective add on option they do.

The biggest problem with muskrats is the hole in the transom area. Ask me how I know. :(

In all seriousness this is only an issue when wet docked. Lift the boat, they leave it alone.

Its stories like this that come to mind when people ask/say "Why do I even have insurance?????"

Thanks for the responses. After talking to my dealer it was gonna be expensive to get the express tube. The shipping was gonna be the worst part. They won't send it with boat orders anymore. My dealer said someone just ordered a 3rd log and it cost almost $2000 to ship. But I did find out they can order lifting strakes from Bennington. So I think I am gonna go that route. Has anyone added them after the fact and what difference did you notice?

I had a giant "helicopter" snake plop out of my transom hole. Thanks to photophucket I don't have the photo anymore.

Last edited:
Back