F300 vs. 250 SHO

Google; Key West 239 Drag Race 250 Yamaha SHO vs 300 Yamaha video. I went with the Yamaha 250 Vmax SHO, as one dealer said to me "probably faster out of the hole and better graphics".

I posted earlier in this thread. I'm currently waiting for a 15p prop. I'm completely unimpressed with the 250SHO with the 17p prop that came on it. Can't get out of the 30s. Still wishing for my old 3.3L F250 back. That turned a 19P prop and got in the very high 40s with clean toons. Damn windshield ruined my life!!

I posted earlier in this thread. I'm currently waiting for a 15p prop. I'm completely unimpressed with the 250SHO with the 17p prop that came on it. Can't get out of the 30s. Still wishing for my old 3.3L F250 back. That turned a 19P prop and got in the very high 40s with clean toons. Damn windshield ruined my life!!

What hole is your motor mounted in?

I'm pretty sure it's set as low as it can go. I've checked the mounting height unscientifically and it seems to be correct.

Google; Key West 239 Drag Race 250 Yamaha SHO vs 300 Yamaha video. I went with the Yamaha 250 Vmax SHO, as one dealer said to me "probably faster out of the hole and better graphics".

Interesting thread, cannot the same argument be made between a Yamaha 200 and a 175 SHO? I have been back and forth during my build. Could not decide but got my dealer to agree that I could hang either one my 2019 24SSBXP SPS when it arrives in March.
Most likely will go with the 175 SHO in Black as the difference in price helped pay for the hydraulic assist steering and the SHO goes with my black out build. Guess I could argue that 2-3 mph may not push me into the windshield or goggle issue. Having said, I could still change my mind as I have done so many times in the past. Totally agree this forum pushes you to the limit when it comes to $$$$$, keep on talking and I may have to forget owning a new F-150 to pull my Benny.

Tell me about it. I originally ordered my boat with a 60 hp. After numerous posts back and forth I ended up with the 350. Thanks guys...

I'm joking of course.

Something sure sounds wrong, I'm getting 40mph with my new 200 Merc.

When you get it in the water this year we'll check it out.

Well good news on the prop front. The dealer finally got a prop in and I went up there and we swapped. I now have a Yamaha SWS II 15.75 inch 15 P and I'm very happy with the performance. My top speed with 7/8 full of fuel and me alone is 43 mph at 5800 RPM.

It pretty much matches the spec sheet Bennington has for this engine and boat. Now I'm wondering why they ever thought a 17P was the right one to put on there.

I took some notes at various speeds/RPMs last year and every speed is significantly faster now with the same RPMs and my WOT RPM and speed is where it should be. I feel like I should have lost performance somewhere but not sure I even want to look for it! Hole shot maybe? Never mind, I'm NOT going to look for it!!

Well good news on the prop front. The dealer finally got a prop in and I went up there and we swapped. I now have a Yamaha SWS II 15.75 inch 15 P and I'm very happy with the performance. My top speed with 7/8 full of fuel and me alone is 43 mph at 5800 RPM.

It pretty much matches the spec sheet Bennington has for this engine and boat. Now I'm wondering why they ever thought a 17P was the right one to put on there.

I took some notes at various speeds/RPMs last year and every speed is significantly faster now with the same RPMs and my WOT RPM and speed is where it should be. I feel like I should have lost performance somewhere but not sure I even want to look for it! Hole shot maybe? Never mind, I'm NOT going to look for it!!

Awesome news! Glad to hear the prop change worked out for you. Sounds like you have it purring nicely now. If you are going to have such a beautiful boat and great motor, you should be getting the performance it is capable of providing. Nice that you are now. Enjoy that fast boat of yours.

Back