Fabric guard

JeeperCRNA

Reaction score
I want to treat my playpen cover and Bimini top with 3OH!3 fabric guard. Does anyone know how much or how big a bottle I will need to do this? Thank you so much

I haven't used 303 fabric guard but I used to buy a gallon container of Starbrite waterproofing spray. I used to spray the mooring cover let it dry then spray it again to make sure I didn't miss any areas. I used to also spray the carpet twice to waterproof it and I still had a bit left over. Buy the gallon size. It won't go to waste and you'll have some for next season......

I burned through the 32 oz size for just the cover... had to buy more for the boots. Go with the gallon and pump sprayer. Trust me.

I'm a big fan of 303 Aerospace Protectant, but I was really disappointed in their fabric guard. I bought a gallon of 303 Fabric Guard to treat my cover. I screwed up and did not finish the whole cover before running out. I was not able to find the same product locally that day, so I finished the job with a quart of Starbrite. Every time it rained, you could clearly see the difference -- the water beaded up on the Starbrite section. Not on the 303 parts.

Regardless of which you choose, I think you will need a gallon.

I used the 303 fabric guard 2 years ago on my playpen cover, the bimini, and the boot. Still beads water like crazy. Works great! (And I put it on an older cover that was admittedly somewhat faded/sun damaged. )

Back