Fat guy wakeboarding

jmkjoe

Reaction score
Hi all. I recently took delivery of my 2250 gbr. It has a merc 150 on it with the sps toons ( runs 38 on gps which I'm pretty happy with ). My 9 year old daughter and 12 year old son are crazed with wakeboarding. I know they won't get a thrill ride behind it but my question is this. Do you think that boat would be able to pull up a 250# guy on a wakeboard? Any feedback would be helpful and go easy on the fat guy jokes.

I can't imagine why not. My two tube RCW w/ 115hp Merc would pull me up no problem when I weighed in @225lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waterski would be hard but with the low end of the Merc 150, I think it will get you up.  Starting a wake boarder is much easier than a skier.

I agree with Remediation.....much easier to get a wake boarder up and you don't have to go fast once they get up. Your kids will be thrilled with the ride the boat will provide them. Both wake boarding and skiing!

Jmkjoe

I have been being pulled on a slalom ski by a 20' pontoon with a 90 horse Merc for the last 14 years. It would get me out of the water with no problem. The only issue was if I had too much weight in the boat I would get a lot of spray in my face when I would cut/turn. We don't wakeboard but we ski, kneeboard, surf with a rope and occasionally tube.

I now have a 22' SCW with a 150 Yam and "well" I haven't skied any where near the speeds it will pull me for the last decade and a half. It will yank the rope out of you're hands if you hammer the throttle.

My specs: 5' 11" 200lbs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back