Favorite towable

Indian_Lake_Bum

Reaction score
What are some of you guys/gals favorite towables?  We have been looking for something that we can use as a float (at the sandbar) as well as a towable because really it's just the 2 of us on the boat about 80% of the time.  We have a big mable and it has only been used a couple of times in the last 2 years......friends and family came to visit.  We do tend to hang out at the sandbar quite a bit during the summer so a double duty towable would be a plus for us.

I came across a yankee coupe on ebay last night and thought for the low price (less than $60 shipped) for a new in the box towable I couldn't really go wrong.  It works double duty as a towable and a nice float with cup holders and a built in cooler.  Probably won't use the cooler part anyway but the cup holders on each side would be pretty nice for floating around at the sandbar.   Anybody currently have this model that can give an insight as to how well they are built and your experience.

Quick youtube of the towable I'm getting:

https://youtu.be/rFUiCgfMILs

I like the functionality of the cooler. Not sure I'd want to straddle and ride solo though. Looks like fun as a double rider.

I'm actually looking at buying a Big Mable.  My buddy has one and really likes it.  I still have a Molecule blown up in my garage.  This thing is huge, about 11' tall and has 4 air bladders.  Problem is it's just too big too take out.  Deflating and inflating is a pain.  I've used it a couple of times but for the last few years it's just been in the garage inflated against the wall.  It would be great for those with a lakefront house where it could just be kept close to the water inflated.  But, for recreational use of inflating and deflating it's just too much work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a "Great Big Mabel" given to me by someone who no longer had a boat.  It was so big and heavy, I could not lift it into the boat by myself when it was soaking wet.  It had to weigh 40 lbs dry.  It seemed like 150 lbs or more soaking wet.  It was definitely a two or three person job or you'd bend a fence rail.  Again, this was the GREAT Big Mable, not the plain Big Mable (two different tubes). 

Funny though, it was easier to pull and whip out in a turn than our small tube.  Go figure.  Probably because it had so much surface area, that even with 3-4 people on it, it barely scratched the water surface.

Great price for the Yankee Coupe!

Had a Big Mable but ended up selling it. The kids were wake boarding and skiing and didn't use it much. Put it on Craigslist.......Gone!

Last summer we had a bunch of people come visit us at the lake and we ended up borrowing a neighbors tube for the people who didn't ski or wakeboard. So I guess I'll look for a simple tube this year because I don't want to borrow theirs all the time.......

Yeah I picked it up off ebay from a guy in california.  The shipping was almost as much as I paid for the tube 28.77 for shipping and 29 for the tube......57.77 shipped.  Still not to bad of a price since the cheapest I could find that model was 160 off amazon or 150 + tax and shipping from walmart (of all places).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131732146630?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D131732146630%26_rdc%3D1

Shipping is a bit slow as it won't arrive till March 8th but I don't care for that price.

The new tube arrived yesterday!!!   Brand new in the box and packaged very well inside a second plain brown box....most ebay sellers just throw the labels on the original box and send it out.  Now I just need for the weather to warm up and let the fun begin!

Paparazzi or any chariot style reversible tubes are great fun for the little ones, and the older ones.

I'll give you $80 for it...  Ha ha.  That's a pretty cool tube.  Very versatile. 

Sorry I can't sell it.   We have the big mable and have only used it twice in 2 years and she didn't think we needed another towable just to take up space at the lake house.  The wife would let me get a second tube only if we could use it at the sandbar as a float/lounger and along came the yankee coupe that pulls double duty.  Durability is yet to be seen as some reviews on amazon are less than favorable but for us it should be fine.

Back