Fender Hanger Solution

Gumby146

Reaction score
So I have researched fender hangers for quite some time for my new Benny. None of the offerings I found, and there were many, worked for my 2019 25SSRXP. They either required a drill for install or interfered with the boat cover. After a lot of work, I finally came up with a practical solution. It allows for infinite adjustment and allows the fender to be removed quite easily when under way. What do you think?

It consists of a motorcycle strap, a cam lock cord tightener, and paracord-

upload_2019-6-14_10-44-49.jpegupload_2019-6-14_10-44-49.jpeg

Interesting idea. Can you post a picture of how its attached or looped around the top of the rails? Kinda curious on the entire set up.

Interesting idea. Can you post a picture of how its attached or looped around the top of the rails? Kinda curious on the entire set up.

I use the Taylor made clips but was wondering the same thing about your setup.

Hey Vikingstaff,

I won't be out on the boat till next week, but i'll post a pick as soon as I get out there.

With this setup there are two methods for attaching to a vertical portion of the fence-

1. Slide the strap behind the post and clip the carabiner to both loops on the strap. To remove, unclip one loop and slide the strap, which remains attached to the carabiner, back out. This removes all parts for storage.

2. Slide the strap behind the post and feed one loop of the strap through the other. This secures the strap to the fence. Clip the carabiner to the single hanging loop. The strap remains when the carabiner is removed.

I find that the second method is easiest. I don't have to remind the wife where to connect the fenders as the straps dictate where they hang. )

Here are links to all the parts-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9EBN3U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E631TZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nite-Ize-CamJam-Cord-Tightener-in-Black-4-Pack-NCJ-01-4R3/308840479

Gumby146
The clips attach pretty tightly and have never had a problem with them coming loose. That said though, I sometimes loop the extra rope from the fenders above the clips through the rails or bimini supports if I am worried about “somebody” dropping them. Of course, with our 50hp we are never moving very fast and often just leave them hanging.
Looking forward to your next pictures.

Nice but still like the look and the ease of EZ

Another one for EZ Fender.....

My conclusion of best design....now just need to actually use....LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-204024.png
    Screenshot_20210219-204024.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 66
Here are some pics of the EZ Fender

1613822895022.png
1613822936457.png1613822879247.png

EZ Fender

Taylor Made

These are the 2 popular options
Thank you. I’ll probably go with the EZ Fender in black to match the blacked-out railing. I’m a little concerned about the other style (Taylor) moving on the rail and rubbing the black powdercoat off the rail.

Last edited:
Hey Swiftm,

I considered the Taylor Made clips, but was concerned about "someone" dropping them is the water.

Interesting idea. I too use the Taylor Made Clips. So far they have been perfect. Haven’t lost one yet. But then there’s always a first time.

Thank you. Do you know if these or the Taylor will move around and scratch the black powdercoat off the black-out railings?
We use the Taylor Made because they are inexpensive and moveable - providing nice flexibility with fender placement. We have the blackout package and they have not scuffed up or scratched up ours at all these past 4 years. Been using them on our boat since 2017 for what that is worth.

Thank you. Do you know if these or the Taylor will move around and scratch the black powdercoat off the black-out railings?
I don't, but similar to the Taylor Made clips while allowing adjustment of the fender without tying a knot. Another option is the Danik Hook, they offer a plastic version that could be used on the vertical post and again offer an easy way to adjust the fender height. I opted out of the black out package being concerned about long term durability, I tend to be function over looks and dock at a lot of different places, so need to be flexible.

Back