finalized my order today

Hutch949

Reaction score
I went to two boat shows this month and finally placed my order today.I first test drove two pontoons a 24 sslx with the SPS and a 150 yamaha.Man what a grin i must have had the salesman took off.This pontoon jumped on plane and we ran on out to 40-41 mph by the speedometer.I questioned the accuracy and the salesman said it was a gps speedometer and he checked by his phone which had a gps also.This thing runs almost as good as my 2012 Monterrey 204fsx with the 4.3 liter which I am trading in.We then ran a 22 gcw with a 150 yamaha and the ESP package. This pontoon was a little slower to get on plane and the top speed was 38 mph but did turn a lot sharper.The motor seemed to work a little harder,(more weight of the boat,3/4 tank of gas compared to 1/4 tank on the other ?)I am not sure.I liked the G series boat, but I liked the way the S series ran better.In the end I just couldnt justify the $9500.00 more for G series so I ordered the SSLX.This is my first pontoon so if I missed anything please let me know.This will be a long 6 weeks or so.Thanks Hutch949

Great build. You'll have years of enjoyment. Congratulations

Todd

Congrats !!! Now it's like waiting till Xmas day !!!

Hutch, this is why Bennington offers so many models and options. Glad you found exactly what you wanted

Update 3/15/13 ,I added "Shark Hide " to the factory build .

I was going to do it myself ,but we had a change in plans and the Bennington will be living at the marina .

Also this way the factory should be able to coat the pontoons entirely.

Not only did I also order my first Bennington yesterday ,it is also my first boat .

Being the first, I did not get as much of the upgrades as other owners ,and we are just going to be on a small inland lake, Crooked Lake in Michigan just north of Petoskey .

Here goes

20 SLM

Mercury 50 4 stroke Big Foot

25 inch tubes

Blue with Ivory and Blue accents

Sand Palm Carpet

Classic Graphics

Sony M 6 with USB and Blue Tooth

Kicker Speakers

ABS Docking Lights

Privacy Enclosure

Battery Switch

Heavy Duty Rub Rail

Garmin 100 Depth and Fish Finder

Playpen Storage Bag

Extra 12 Volt Receptacle

Please comment if you fell there is anything I should add .

Thanks .

Last edited by a moderator:
JSFB,

Congradulations on the your first boat, Blue boats always look great on the water! now we just need to get rid of this Michigan March weather

Jsfb6pts, all Bennington's are considered an upgrade, you will wow them on your lake.

Hey all you new guys, don't forget to show your pride by putting your flag on yje Bennington Owners Locator map [directions included] found under Forums - Pontoon Forum

That's a great first boat! We accept everyone equally here, heck we even welcome kaydano's input! Haha

I'd says that's a great first boat and options list. Now if spring or summer ever shows up here in Michigan...

Todd

Ha ha ha ha Derrick! Thanks for making me laugh! I love it!

JSFxxxx - Nice boat and welcome to the forum! You are going to love it. Your boat I mean. Forum too.

By the way, we were in Petoskey a few years ago, and I spent over 2 hours snorkeling in the lake looking for a Petoskey stone. I came up short. I was beat, and I went to sit down at the picnic table where the rest of the family and relatives were, and I looked down at my feet, and there was a Petoskey stone sitting right there in front of me. The picnic table was about 100 feet back from the water, almost to the tree line. I should have known the shallow water would have been picked clean. But who would of figured they'd be way up by the tree line? Anyway, it's a pretty cool stone. About 4 inches in diameter. Looks awesome when you get it wet. Have not put it in the kid's rock polisher yet. Kids are past the age of using the polisher. So, I'm guessing a grandkid will polish it someday...

Ha ha ha ha Derrick! Thanks for making me laugh! I love it!

JSFxxxx - Nice boat and welcome to the forum! You are going to love it. Your boat I mean. Forum too.

By the way, we were in Petoskey a few years ago, and I spent over 2 hours snorkeling in the lake looking for a Petoskey stone. I came up short. I was beat, and I went to sit down at the picnic table where the rest of the family and relatives were, and I looked down at my feet, and there was a Petoskey stone sitting right there in front of me. The picnic table was about 100 feet back from the water, almost to the tree line. I should have known the shallow water would have been picked clean. But who would of figured they'd be way up by the tree line? Anyway, it's a pretty cool stone. About 4 inches in diameter. Looks awesome when you get it wet. Have not put it in the kid's rock polisher yet. Kids are past the age of using the polisher. So, I'm guessing a grandkid will polish it someday...
Every Petoskey stone I have ever found has been on shore .

Were you on Lake Michigan or one of the inland lakes ?

Congrats on the new boat!!

Not only did I also order my first Bennington yesterday ,it is also my first boat .

Being the first, I did not get as much of the upgrades as other owners ,and we are just going to be on a small inland lake,

Thanks .
Jsfb6pts, all Bennington's are considered an upgrade, you will wow them on your lake.
Good Point! My benny is a 2010 20 SFi... without question one of Bennington's entry level boats... that said the warranty is outstanding, plus we bought a boat to suit our needs... we didn't intend to do a lot of crusing, and we knew that 95 % of the time we would be using it for fishing... so we got one rigged for fishing without a lot of bells and whistles... about the only 'major" upgrade I ordered was 25 inch tubes, and that was only because the dealer told me that I had to have the larger tubes if I wanted to go with the Yamaha 75 Four stroke, which was the largest motor that boat is rated for... We've had the boat for 2 seasons plus now and to this day when were at the launch, I still get a lot of compliments on the boat... of course keeping it indoors out of the hot louisiana sun when we're not using it is sure helping to keep it looking brand new.... as for the bennington reputation, my son has one, when I started shopping for a pontoon boat, a friend of mine who has a high dollar bass boat told me to get a bennington, and just recently some friends of mine who have seen and been on my boat, bought a slightly used 2011 Bennington.... Gotta love em.

Back