Finally Found a Nice Bennington, 2015 2575 RSD

tothetrail

Reaction score
After searching for about eleven months, finally found what I've been looking for.

A bar boat with dinette with four captain's chars, 300 HP Verado, and a 56 gallon fuel tank. In-floor storage, changing station/room, bow gate seat (which I won't need,) LED lighting in all areas, ski pylon, ESP, Sub/Amp upgrade (which I don't need,) and still has one year left on the warranty.

Only 36 hours on the boat. A family purchased it new, and only used it about once per year, and kept it in pristine condition. They never pulled it up to a dock, just launched off the trailer, and hung out in a cove. Not a single dent, mar, or even tiny scratch on the outside, it truly looks brand new. Only visible flaws are the shark hide that's worn off over the last six years. The inside just needs some conditioning to the upholstery. Couldn't be happier.

It was quite a feat to find something in this condition, with everything I was looking for, especially a bigger motor and large fuel tank. I probably over-paid, but in this market, it's tough not to. Had to drive from California to Minnesota to pick it up, and did it in about 75 hours total. It was quite a whirlwind, and luckily the previous owners did a bunch to help out, including driving to the dealership to pick up a spare tire for the trailer. I had no luck finding one locally to me, or even along the route.

I really want to thank all those who helped me with my previous thread on another boat I found. And thanks especially for not kicking me out of this forum for that thread. Now I realize you can't really discuss purchasing a boat, and definitely can't post a link to one for sale.

Can't wait to jump in and start getting it all dialed in for camping. After only having been in two local lakes in MN, it will spend the next part of its life at Lake Powell, and other Colorado River lakes, Mohave, Mead, Havasu, etc.

Planning to do the following right away:

Add second bimini
Remove the seat cooler up front in favor of storage
Remove 5-gallon fresh water tank under the sink (and just draw lake water into the sink)
Possibly remove the subwoofer, as I have no need to blare music, and would rather have the storage space
Add a washdown at the front of the boat
Add additional LED lighting under the biminis
Look into a camper enclosure, or possibly just find a way add some sort of tent to get out of the rain/bugs
Add additional clearance lights to the trailer so you can more easily see the tires while driving at night
Figure out electrical system. There are currently two starter batteries in the rear storage cabinet/seat, and two batteries in the fridge cabinet. Need to find if they charge off of each other, or if they are two completely separate systems
Add additional USB ports throughout boat
Find some type of air mattress that will fit in between the front seats to form a large bed
Possibly replace the fridge with a more efficient model, or just remove it altogether in favor of more storage, and just use top-loading DC fridges instead. I hear this Dometic is very power-hungry. The previous owners never even used, it, it still has all the tape and packing foam on the shelves and drawers
Replace current Garmin 300c with something bigger. Need to find what other devices can use the same Transducer w/ mounting bracket, hardware and trolling motor clamp, or if that is even possible. Or it may be easier to just run a whole new system
Possibly replace the instrumentation bezel and add something that can replace the stock analog gauges/depth finder
Also need to figure out what to do with the wine rack. Don't drink, so need to find a good use of that space

.12.JPG2015 B.JPG10.JPG11.JPG9.JPGBennington.jpg

Congratulations. Sounds like you found a good condition used with what you were looking for. However, I am tired from just reading that ”to do” list. Ha, ha! More power to you. Enjoy making it your own.

How much?

Do not replace the analog gauges, Thats a win win with those gauges. My old boat had them, new boat has a simrad, I miss the old gauges.

Very nice!!! Enjoy the boat!

Congrats!!! Looks brand new!

6 year old boat with 36 hours - talk about diamond in the rough. I think I had that many hours in the first two months!

So you have 4 batteries and two are paralleled for starting? I would definitely look into re-wiring that, sounds like accessories are pulling power from the start batt and draining it, so they installed a second. You should consider having 1 for cranking and the other 3 deep cycle for house, and run automatic isolation so that you can charge all 4 on the run but not have fidget with perko switches all day. Several of us have installed a Blue Sea ACR (add a battery kit) and it works very well.

Congratulations. Sounds like you found a good condition used with what you were looking for. However, I am tired from just reading that ”to do” list. Ha, ha! More power to you. Enjoy making it your own.
Thanks, yes, it won't be all at once, but it's a good start!

How much?

Do not replace the analog gauges, Thats a win win with those gauges. My old boat had them, new boat has a simrad, I miss the old gauges.

Good to know, those gauges were on their way out! I'll keep them in the plan, thanks for the info!

Congrats!!! Looks brand new!

Thanks, it really does!

6 year old boat with 36 hours - talk about diamond in the rough. I think I had that many hours in the first two months!

So you have 4 batteries and two are paralleled for starting? I would definitely look into re-wiring that, sounds like accessories are pulling power from the start batt and draining it, so they installed a second. You should consider having 1 for cranking and the other 3 deep cycle for house, and run automatic isolation so that you can charge all 4 on the run but not have fidget with perko switches all day. Several of us have installed a Blue Sea ACR (add a battery kit) and it works very well.
Wow, yes, I'll probably do the same on one trip to Powell.

The previous owners explained that the two batteries in the rear are for starting the motor, and for the dash/helm and LED lighting. And that the two in the fridge cabinet are only for that cabinet, the fridge, and the 12v accessory plugs in that cabinet. Sounds like a good idea to check into the Blue Sea kit and the automatic isolation for the three additional batteries. Will just have to figure out how to route wires to connect the two systems. There's definitely a wire chase because the fuel filler is in that fridge cabinet and the fuel tank is under that rear seat with the starting batteries.

Thanks for the info!

After searching for about eleven months, finally found what I've been looking for.

A bar boat with dinette with four captain's chars, 300 HP Verado, and a 56 gallon fuel tank. In-floor storage, changing station/room, bow gate seat (which I won't need,) LED lighting in all areas, ski pylon, ESP, Sub/Amp upgrade (which I don't need,) and still has one year left on the warranty.

Only 36 hours on the boat. A family purchased it new, and only used it about once per year, and kept it in pristine condition. They never pulled it up to a dock, just launched off the trailer, and hung out in a cove. Not a single dent, mar, or even tiny scratch on the outside, it truly looks brand new. Only visible flaws are the shark hide that's worn off over the last six years. The inside just needs some conditioning to the upholstery. Couldn't be happier.

It was quite a feat to find something in this condition, with everything I was looking for, especially a bigger motor and large fuel tank. I probably over-paid, but in this market, it's tough not to. Had to drive from California to Minnesota to pick it up, and did it in about 75 hours total. It was quite a whirlwind, and luckily the previous owners did a bunch to help out, including driving to the dealership to pick up a spare tire for the trailer. I had no luck finding one locally to me, or even along the route.

I really want to thank all those who helped me with my previous thread on another boat I found. And thanks especially for not kicking me out of this forum for that thread. Now I realize you can't really discuss purchasing a boat, and definitely can't post a link to one for sale.

Can't wait to jump in and start getting it all dialed in for camping. After only having been in two local lakes in MN, it will spend the next part of its life at Lake Powell, and other Colorado River lakes, Mohave, Mead, Havasu, etc.

Planning to do the following right away:

Add second bimini
Remove the seat cooler up front in favor of storage
Remove 5-gallon fresh water tank under the sink (and just draw lake water into the sink)
Possibly remove the subwoofer, as I have no need to blare music, and would rather have the storage space
Add a washdown at the front of the boat
Add additional LED lighting under the biminis
Look into a camper enclosure, or possibly just find a way add some sort of tent to get out of the rain/bugs
Add additional clearance lights to the trailer so you can more easily see the tires while driving at night
Figure out electrical system. There are currently two starter batteries in the rear storage cabinet/seat, and two batteries in the fridge cabinet. Need to find if they charge off of each other, or if they are two completely separate systems
Add additional USB ports throughout boat
Find some type of air mattress that will fit in between the front seats to form a large bed
Possibly replace the fridge with a more efficient model, or just remove it altogether in favor of more storage, and just use top-loading DC fridges instead. I hear this Dometic is very power-hungry. The previous owners never even used, it, it still has all the tape and packing foam on the shelves and drawers
Replace current Garmin 300c with something bigger. Need to find what other devices can use the same Transducer w/ mounting bracket, hardware and trolling motor clamp, or if that is even possible. Or it may be easier to just run a whole new system
Possibly replace the instrumentation bezel and add something that can replace the stock analog gauges/depth finder
Also need to figure out what to do with the wine rack. Don't drink, so need to find a good use of that space

.View attachment 30761View attachment 30762View attachment 30764View attachment 30766View attachment 30768View attachment 30769
How do I go about finding a bow gate seat for a 2012 22' Benninington GBR 2250.

Congratulations on your new Benny! She looks great and it sounds like you've got some plans to dial her in even more. Keep us posted on those projects and include some pictures.

Back