Finally, our new Bennington here

Dan's Benny

Reaction score
While I've owned a piece of last year's model 2275 FSI with 115 Yamaha since February, all of the pieces finally came together for us to bring her home this past weekend. I had the express tube added to the standard two tube package along with modified wave shield underneath and a MinnKota 80 with iPilot, two batteries and battery charger all up front. We’re looking forward to her maiden voyage which looks like the middle of June at the earliest. Too bad we have other commitments.

I’ve already pulled the stock Garmin 95 locator and almost completed installation of a Lowrance HDS-5 unit in its place and will be adding Structure Scan and an HDS-7 unit up front. That dash mount part is easy compared to remaining work of running cables over and around the modified wave shield.

Any suggestions on an easy way to get around the wave shield for cable strap installation other then a long screwdriver?

Dan, Harbor Freight sells a set of "electrical fishing sticks" for about $15. The total length is 33 feet with each stick about 3 feet. I have fished side to side and from the center to the back of the tubes. Hope this helps. Steve

Back