First Dent

Chris H

Reaction score
Got my first fencing dent yesterday. Had a buddy pull up my anchor and he let it smack against the boat. I got most of it out; but it will never be perfect again. I guess it's the first of many things to come, but still a little sickening.

Yea, but now the first one is over with:). It's always the hardest. So sorry, but now you can relax a little more and maybe enjoy a little more. I still remember my first, but I enjoy the boat more now that I'm not all nervous. Don't get me wrong, I still take care of my boat, but don't worry as much. Things happen.

Yeah it's bad enough when you get your 1st dent............it's even worse when you didn't do it.............I know people want to help when they're on the boat but I try to do the important stuff that could cause damage if they're not careful...........pull up the anchor, tie up at the ramp/dock and hold the boat steady away if we're not using bumpers/fenders etc etc............. I know your friend didn't do it on purpose but he's just not as careful as you would be.............

Have you thought about calling out a Paintless dent guy. I got a dent and he pushed it out to the point where you can't tell it ever happend. It was worth the $150 he charged me.

I can relate. Two weeks ago went back to the ramp lot, to get the trailer and someone had backed into the fender on the right side. Four months old and already messed up. You are right makes you sick.

When we boat with friends Ii always say, "I'm the captain and if I want help, I'll ask for it. It keeps everyone seated when you pull up to a dock, etc.

When we boat with friends Ii always say, "I'm the captain and if I want help, I'll ask for it. It keeps everyone seated when you pull up to a dock, etc.
Great advice. I've learned this the hard way over the years and stick to it myself now too.

The PDR guy is a good idea. I have had them fix dents on my car and it is good enough that you cannot tell where the dent was.

Jack

I think I'm going to take the suggestion of doing everything myself and asking for help if needed. As far as the dent...I'll probably have it removed at the end of the season. Don't want to call the PDR guy out more than once a year.

Back