First dents on toon log

KLM

Reaction score
Noticed 2 dents on center toon today. One is 4 inch long narrow dent at nose cose above water line. The other at the aft 1/3 under waterline shaped kind of like hit by a basketball. The deepest center at around half an inch.

I suppose there is nothing I can do. Should I leave it alone? Will this affect performance?

Could this cause by loading onto the trailer? Three attempts before it was lined up and I might hit the guide post.

This is only my first season.

My port side tube was hit in its slip at my old marina ( one of the reasons we moved to a new marina   ) 

Insurance replaced the tube last off season while it was in storage .

Hey KLM, My first season also , I also have a couple dings on mine from not lining up correctly getting onto trailer, very small though. You hate it, but it just happens sometimes when learning. I'm getting the hang of it now. Not sure if it effects performance though.

LOL original poster asks a question and Jack M answers his question by saying he's boat was damaged by someone else LOL yes that's helpful

I would take a Hair dryer and some compressed air to the dent. It should pop it right out metal has a memory and it wants to go back to its original shape.

LOL just kidding that was me poking fun at others :)

Ok now that I have made fun of the odvious how about some serious help.

KLM does your center toon have the access door where you can get into your center toon? My thinking is if you can get into the center toon you can get a Paintless dent guy out to your boat to push out the dent.

Tried the boat out today after discovering the dents. It seems to get the same WOT speed. So, at least performance wise, it is okay.

I have center storage. I will get a flash light in there next time I am at the marina.

I have the insurance from BoatUS. Not sure I want to claim this even it covers it. Don't want the rate to go up for this seemingly cosmetic issues.

On a side note, I had a great time today on the water with my family. :D

LOL original poster asks a question and Jack M answers his question by saying he's boat was damaged by someone else LOL yes that's helpful
I find it ironic that you were bagging on the regulars here in that other thread for making it inhospitable for others to post, but then you post crap like that intended to specifically shame someone for posting. I'm glad you seem to want to have a place that people feel welcome to post, but statements like that are the problem, not the solution. Keep it classy, G. 

"Hey If it do t apply let it fly"

I'm not trying to shame any one I'm only pointing out the obvious a guy post here looking for help and I just that it was funny Jack M's way of helping is making his own complaint! LOL I thought it was funny. :)

.dont shoot the messenger.

Bcpnick ^^^^ Irony ^^^^ look it up!

Ok back to the original topic. The reason I asked KLM about having center toon storage is because after having our q for only a few weeks I noticed a dent in the center toon right below the water line. (I must have hit a piece of wood or something) it was a real blunt smooth dent.

I was able to crawl in the center tube and with a rubber mallet give it one good hit and the dent poped right out. KLM hopefully you have access and if so your in luck.

How's that for keeping it classy :)

Gee West is back. Took a bit longer than I thought this time, but back to the same old crap. Like a big-sized box anchor dragging down the forum.

Wasn't there an ignore button on here somewhere?

Bcpnick again you should look up what at a Troll is. You may not understand what your saying. Because if anyone is "Trolling" or being a "Troll" it's you my friend.

I'm only guilty of pointing out the odvious and I guess it's all how you take the truth is how offended you may or may not be. I was being light hearted but if you were offended then I don't know what to say.

Still with all this back and forth Im the only person to chime in and offer KLM any real help or suggestion, can you say the same for your post's?

Keeping it REAL

G"

PS KLM that's great that your able to get inside the tube. post a picture of the dent/damage. Depending on how sharp or deep the dent it can shed some light on how to advise you on poping it out. You said it was below the water line so your going to have to remove the hard plastic floor in the center tube to expose the Aera your going to hit with the mallet.

Getting the metal warm will help it move a bit Easyer. I didn't use heet on my dent. But if yours has a crease or line in it heet might help you work it out a bit better. Like a said a picture will give us all a better idea how to proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like post #4 in this thread and how some like their own comments. Google vain... What’s next, referring to one's self in third person?

If your strengths are providing purely knowledgeable fact based technical posts, stick to that and leave the "kidding" to those with a reputation for joking. Like a bad comedian your delivery is terrible.

7EACCBFA-3760-4B56-846C-4D97AE0A4DF1_zpsnc20dlt9.jpg

Really forum members.  Let's just help where we can and not try to fix peoples personalities. 

I was drowning in my own blood for bitting my tongue for a couple days. I'm good now!

KLM, Sorry for getting off topic but practice will make perfect when loading the boat. If it were me I'd hold off on any expensive repairs until you get more practice loading your toon. That would be a bummer to get it fixed and it happens again. Good luck!

The dent is in the section behind the center storage. So cannot bang it out from inside.

KLM help me understand? I know your boat Maby different then Myn. When I crawl threw the center locker door and I am inside the toon I can get to every inch of the outside of the toon from the inside storage locker. Example if I got a dent pretty much anywhere in my center toon I would be able to access the back side of the dent from inside the toon.

If you were able to provide a photo it would help

Last edited by a moderator:
G, your center storage is 25' long? Do you not have center fuel tank? My fuel tank and bilge pump take up the back half of my center storage. I assumed all center storage tubes were essentially the same with the divider in the middle.

Back