First dents on toon log

It has a divider on both front and back. The storage is probably no more than 8 ft length wise and my toon is 22 ft long.

I have pictures of the dent but it is difficult to see it on pictures.

It has a divider on both front and back. The storage is probably no more than 8 ft length wise and my toon is 22 ft long.
That's what I assumed, same as mine. Just wondering how G "can get to every inch of the outside toon from the inside storage locker" so I wonder if because his is an inboard it is different. 

Yes I have a I/O and I dont have these deviders or walls in my center toon. So what Im understanding is there is Devider or wall at the very front of the tube where it turns from round to the nose cone and Then another Devider or or Wall at the back fo the tube. If thats the case then all I can say is Sorry! I dont know of a easy way of removing dents from a toon with out getting to the back side,

1st thing to try with any dent anywhere (nothing about this will make the situation worse...it doesn't always make it better...but it doesn't make it worse) is the hair dryer and canned computer duster spray.

Heat the area with the hair dryer. Get the metal hot to the touch. Spend a lot of time heating up the area.

Then, when it's quite warm hit it with the canned air spray.

Hold the can of air upside down and spray. It will get quite cold very quickly. 

The results may surprise you. The sudden cold causes the metal to shrink quickly. Just a tiny bit of shrinkage can pull a dent out. Surprisingly (in my experience)...the bigger the dent the better.

Thanks for the lesson on heat and cold, Jeff. I hope I never have to use that process, but nice to know there's a fix. Great info!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the heat gun with compressed air method. Did not work on my dent.

Back