First pontoon - help on pricing 22SSR

nickevans10

Reaction score
I am new to boating and am looking to buy a pontoon. I see Bennington has high quality. I'm looking at a s series quad seat with sps and a 150 yamaha. I'm not sure what s series to get and what the price point would be.

Does anyone have any recent prices for the boat spec for a 22SSR as attached?

Current price is 69K plus taxes

Attachments

• EVANS 22SSR BUILD SHEET(1).pdf
    38.1 KB · Views: 35
Since I do a good job of spending my own ,why not help others spend theirs

Congrats! I would definitely add power steering. I have a yamaha 150 and with power steering you can turn the boat with one finger. It's my favorite option of my build! With SPS and 150hp I think the consensus on this forum is that is a sweet spot for performance and price.

Are you looking for MSRP pricing? The Bennington build website allows you to see MSRP, and do a search for other threads on this forum on the %off MSRP what people have paid recently at various dealers. Seems to be anywhere from 5-25% depending on model and location. You will get less off an S model than you will a Q, for example. Talk to your dealer, you may end up at a similar price point for an SX model, etc.

Good luck!

Raised helm. Sharkhide. Bigger motor than you need. The rest will fill in. Great advice in post above this. I’m at Ft Myers boat show and they sold 6 boats by noon today.

I am new to boating and am looking to buy a pontoon. I see Bennington has high quality. I'm looking at a s series quad seat with sps and a 150 yamaha. I'm not sure what s series to get and what the price point would be.

Does anyone have any recent prices for the boat spec for a 22SSR as attached?

Current price is 69K plus taxes
Your build is close to my 22LSR I ordered in Nov2020. I think you have some great additions on there, other suggestions for members might or might not work for you. For example, I have a 175hp Yamaha and the hydraulic assist that comes with the SPS works fine for me, not needing the one finger ease (and cost) of the power steering, but thats for you to decide. There are many conversations about the raised helm and who loves it, who doesn't

The one thing I would add that was not avail to me is the cheap door latch for the front access door. I dont have anything to keep the front open with docking and use a half a piece of foam noodle (shout out to the member who had that idea)

Irish is pretty spot on about pricing and demand. Shop dealers if you can, I shopped 4 and noticed thats where the savings was to be found. The big dealer might have more slots but also more overhead, and higher costs as well.

Wow! 70K for an S with a 150. Nice build though! What is a double short Bimini 10 ft???

Back