First sea trial weather

1Blderbob

Reaction score
After reading some of the posts on this spring deliveries. I was wondering what the weather was like when you took your first sea trial on your boat. Mine was cool and wet. My wife found the rear chase seats and fell in love while I fell in love with the boat.Season three just starting and all I want to do is get on our boat every weekend.

42 Monday when we launched ours .We go out everyday weather permitting 

Cold and rainy. Sea trial was back it into the water on the trailer. Run through starting & launching procedure with out actually launching. Then tow it back to the shop and park her inside for remainder of the demonstrations. First time I was on her floating it was just me and her slow cruising for hours until the break-in was done.

Windy, rain and cold with our first Benny. Cold and windy with the current one. Pure Michigan.

Upper 30's windy and some sleet the day we took delivery of first Benny on a Saturday in mid October 2-1/2 years  ago ---  a time to remember and seems like last week.

Windy, rain and cold with our first Benny. Cold and windy with the current one. Pure Michigan.

Starting to see a pattern here. I wonder if sea trialing a boat for the first time is like a wedding day forecast.LOL Because both have ended up GREAT!

Absolutely gorgeous on Lake Anna, Va. Our Benny was 4 yrs. old when we bought it. The marina was selling it for an elderly couple and the service manager took us out for a test drive. We found out that the couple forgot to winterize it and the block cracked. So a new Mercruiser I/O was installed and they were in the process of breaking it in. I remember it was sunny and warm on a Monday morning and had the lake to ourselves. After getting out of the No wake zone and cruising along at 20-25 he came to a stop after my wife asked him if we would be able to ski behind it. He hit the throttle to show us the hole shot and that sold it for her right there! 

71, sunny and absolutely beautiful on 4/16/16.

Up here in New York (Central NY Fingerlakes area) it was sunny and about 55-60 two weeks ago (which is great for this area).  Ended up enjoying a great day on water until it clouded over and the temp dropped a solid 5-10 degrees and it was a cold ride back to the dock!   Bringing boat to our newly acquired slip this Sunday and weather supposed to be in lower 50's.  At this point it could be 30 and I'm still on that boat! My wife is close to certifying me as nuts.  

/monthly_2016_05/large.57337c930dee6_WeatherForcast.JPG.9d2a4fbaa464a7e5fef554f730052a40.JPG

Yeah, Landscaper2009, just rub it in. We're still waiting for global warming to kick in up here in Michigan. I don't think we'll EVER see a ten day forecast like the one you posted. But we do have water. Plenty. Of. It.

Yeah, Landscaper2009, just rub it in. We're still waiting for global warming to kick in up here in Michigan. I don't think we'll EVER see a ten day forecast like the one you posted. But we do have water. Plenty. Of. It.

I visited my BIL in Phoenix a couple of times.  They can keep their weather.  As for our water, my outlook is: rain, cloudy, showers, partly cloudy, thunderstoms, rain, mostly cloudy, one day reaching a peak temperature of 49 degrees. :wacko:  <= wishing for a crying smile

I love Az... we have plenty of water (don't believe the hype) and several good lakes close. I will take the 8 months of 70-85 for the 4 months of H*** any day. I can literally boat almost year round. Although I am very jealous of the amount of lake houses and cabins as we really don't have those options here. I would really love to travel to some of your                locations and see some of the beautiful lakes you guys post pics of.

We took delivery of our boat the last part of march back in 2014.....after a long snowy winter (record snow for ohio that year).  As our luck would have it the saturday we were supposed to take delivery it snowed roughly 4" and was very cold and windy.  Told the dealership if it was possible we would take delivery the next day......was a bunch of people that re-scheduled from saturday to sunday.

Pulled away from their docks before noon with a balmy temp of 29 degrees.  Yes that is snow on the ground behind us on fox island.

DSC01064_zps930c0382.jpg

DSC01060_zps0366be17.jpg

The wife trying out her new ottoman and thinking warm thoughts....the snow on the boat house roof to the right adds that certain something to the pic

DSC01057_zps72f019bf.jpg

Back