First time leaving the boat in the water.......

BigKahuna

Reaction score
We love living across the street from our boat that's kept in our neighbors slip. Very convenient! Just walk over take the cover off untie and Go!!! But we found out keeping the boat in the water is also a pain. We are used to trailering. Put the boat back on the trailer wipe the pontoons with a towel......nice and clean for our next outing. We haven't gone out yet this week with threats of thunderstorms just about every night. I just came back from checking on the boat and I've got some scum sticking to the outdrive, depth finder transducer, and a pretty good ring forming on the waterline. WTH! More work! Gotta take it out today just to clean it........going to have to look for a slip with a lift next year! Ha!

Is there electric at that dock? Maybe you could do a floating lift that you can move if you have to. Or one of the bladder types with an air pump.

Sea Legs.  Then you can take the lift wherever you go.

I have a guy that bottom cleans my boat in the water once a month. Not sure if that's an option. Also, a pressure washer works well after you pull it out.

I try to wipe mine down at the sand bar once  week ,water temperature permitting  :eek:

Even though I keep mine on a lift I noticed a faint scum layer just from floating around for hours this year. Time to give it a quick wipe. It came right off with a finger so it shouldn't be too bad. I'd see if you can get a lift our there for sure. Even if there is no power to the dock you can go solar.

No electric Carl.......I wouldn't put money into it for a lift unless it was mine. The property is for sale. A beautiful house, 2 waterfront lots, and the 2 slips at the end of a cove off the main channel.......$1.5 million. Hope she doesn't sell it because there goes my slip!

Loren........The water is too deep for sea legs. Plus, can you install sea legs on a tritoon?

2550 and Jack......we've gotten in and cleaned it w/soft brushes and scotchbrite pads. It takes a little time but we get it done.........

Never saw a solar lift Lakeliving.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Our lift is free standing, so in shallow water, but the 12v battery for the hydraulic pump just has a solar panel to charge it. No AC required.

Back