Flag holder comes lose

keithkz

Reaction score
Hey guys.....I keep having to tighten the four screws that secure my floor mounted flag holder because the wind force keeps loosening them. I have tried LockTite on them but they still come lose. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

gallery_300_298_2607165.png

If they're wood screws going into the deck, take them out, put a toothpick in each one with some epoxy and screw them back in.

If they're wood screws going into the deck, take them out, put a toothpick in each one with some epoxy and screw them back in.
Yes they are wood screws. Good idea....I have some JB Weld and I think some epoxy as well so I will try that. I did notice that one of the screws no longer gets tight....obviously it has stripped inside however all 4 of the screws end up getting lose.

If there is room underneath, I'd run some longer stainless screws and throw some lock washers or lock nuts on there and be done with it.

If there is room underneath, I'd run some longer stainless screws and throw some lock washers or lock nuts on there and be done with it.
I don't know if I can even access the underside of it.....don't know if there's anything to see under there for this....will have to look again but you're right.....that would for sure solve my problem.

I would drill an extra hole centered and add A LARGER SCREW. Those smaller screws don't have a lot of snot when it comes to the leverage created by those flags. You could even drill out the holes on the mount, and go to larger head Stainless screw (with thin nylon washer underneath). Other than through bolting, I think you'll just keep loosening up those tiny screws .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was placed in the back port side where there is an opening that you can just get your fingers through. They are bolted through the floor with lock washers, used the largest carriage bolt that would fit through the hole of the Bennington flag base. It seems to be very solid

Yeah I looked and there is no way to get to the bottom side of that flag holder so I am going to buy the largest ss screws that can fit into the holes on the flag holder and have them be a good 1/2 longer than the ones in there now and epoxy them in. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Back