Floating water pads

truckone176

Reaction score
Ok, I was wondering how many out there have one of those roll-up floating mats? I have looked all over and there are many different ones out there, I just want to find one that I know is durable and that can withstand the kids jumping off the back of the boat.

I bought one 3 years ago . Used it one time . No place to store it on the boat ,and its a bigger pain to take back and forth everyday .

So unless you live on the lake I would not  buy one 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought one at Sam's Club (not sure of the brand) a couple of years ago and it withstand kids and adults.  It is a pain to transport and will leave it in the truck bed (enclosed) when not being used and was to ski or pull a tube.

Jack

+1 on the pain part. After that, they are a blast for kids of all ages. 

Got ours from Overtons if I recall correctly. Supposed to handle up to 1100 lbs I believe. 

Thanks for the replies, I am still on the fence about getting one due to the part about having to store and deal with it.

Even transporting on the boat  is a pain .I tried on the bow with bungee cords ,it flipped up .On the stern it interfered with the motor when turning ,and if you lay it down the center ,it is in everyone's way .

Our kids ran around on the neighbors mat from Sam's this past weekend and it held up well. Of course, they think we need one now as well...

I'm hooked on the one from Sam's since it's under $300 while other brands are more expensive. Are they thicker or better? Maybe, but if there's a problem I'm thinking Sam's would be more lenient on a return/exchange.

The pain was rolling it up and stowing it as others have mentioned but you'd just need to figure out a good spot to secure it once it's rolled up... Fun toy? Definitely.

We purchased a Aqua LilyPad and stored it most of the summer on the front of the boat with bungees.  Be careful to secure it well or as Jack M says, it will flip up and could cause injury at higher speeds.  

The wife and kids love it.

Ok, are there many out there that successfully use one of these floating foam pads in conjunction with their Bennington?  I have an 11 and 8 year old that are active along with many of their friends.  I have no doubt that they will all have a blast, but how much of a pain in the butt for me will this be to roll up on the water and store in the boat while moving?  Is my headache going to outweigh the kids' enjoyment?

Unless you live on a lake ,transportation is the problem .

After 1 use ours is in the box in our basement .

Wont fit in either of our vehicles .No place to transport on the boat ,unless you want  take up your floor space ,at least on a CW .

I recently suggested to our marina ( private ) that we build small 4x8 storage units and charge a yearly fee to use .I could then store it on site .

We have the 6 x 9 Aqua Lilly pad ,I just measured the box ,it is 23" x 23" x 74" . 

If you are going to store it in a unit ,I would suggest some mouse traps . 

We have the inflatable version. Easy to store.  I think it says WOW on it. $100ish.  Only used it a couple times. Seems durable. Made from same vinyl our towables are made.  You can zip two together.  6x9 if I remember right.

Back