Floor staining

Timdelta

Reaction score
This staining is the weirdest ever. I keep boat impeccably clean, it’s just out my front door so cleaning is easy. It’s on my bow and stern area. I’ve used boat soap, dawn, “awesome” soap and serious water pressure.
I’m hoping that maybe after attempting to clean, it just disappears the next day. I’ve seen that event with seat stains and one bird poop stain on floor.
Any ideas or suggestions?IMG_9031.jpegIMG_9030.jpegIMG_9029.jpegIMG_9028.jpegIMG_9023.jpegIMG_9022.jpeg

Tim it's the adhesive that they used to install your floor. It's bleeding through your seagrass floor and causing it to discolor. Contact your dealer to get the ball rolling to get your floor replaced under warranty ....

That Sucks! Just a thought do you let the Sun get to the Flooring and dry in when you are done cleaning? What year? Warranty?

Looks like the Yamaha integrated power steering is showing some signs of corrosion. Might be worth looking into as well with the dealer

Looks like the Yamaha integrated power steering is showing some signs of corrosion. Might be worth looking into as well with the dealer
Good catch!

That’s just some grease on the integrated steering oozing out. I didn’t have a rag to clean it up the other day when I was in water. No corrosion.
Boat is a 2022 Q. Yes sun is on it and what’s surprising is the floor stays wet for a few days. I guess with all the humidity in Sarasota area it just doesn’t dry.

This staining is the weirdest ever. I keep boat impeccably clean, it’s just out my front door so cleaning is easy. It’s on my bow and stern area. I’ve used boat soap, dawn, “awesome” soap and serious water pressure.
I’m hoping that maybe after attempting to clean, it just disappears the next day. I’ve seen that event with seat stains and one bird poop stain on floor.
Any ideas or suggestions?View attachment 34276View attachment 34277View attachment 34278View attachment 34279View attachment 34280View attachment 34281
In the first picture. How do you get the retaining wall to stay on your deck when waves hit?

I’m thinking the same possibility that Daril mentioned above. Leaning glue/adhesive problem. That said, I have not heard of it being an issue with the 2022’s, but who knows. With them not being that old, perhaps it’s something that will start showing up on some if there is a glue supplier quality problem. I would absolutely have that checked out by your dealer.

Btw: Boat is 13 months old.
I was thinking glue also, but didn’t want to influence the crowd. I have a double Bimini so the sunny parts are the back and front decks.
The retaining wall that you see is the wall along dock. I have a cement Seawall then pavers along that, which about 4 ft wide. Then the short retaining wall that you can see in picture. The boat is on a lift and the Seawall and walk is hidden from view.

Last edited:
I went to dealer today and they have seen this on others. They said it may clean up but if not, it’s under warranty.
I saw just a touch of the discoloration about a month ago, then it just exploded in last couple of days. I will try some more cleaning tomorrow and see how it goes. I may even clean each day for the next 5-7 days. (Gets me off of couch and stop ordering stuff from Amazon. My retirement job)
Very impressive conversation with dealer.

Back