Flooring choices

Andy I love the seagrass, but I’m not an avid fisher, but when I do fish I have a concern and have already slightly hooked my seagrass. I think I’d stick with the bamboo or regular vinyl vs the seagrass if you have a tendency to drop lures on the deck.
I’d also be concerned about fish blood. Don’t get me wrong, it washes out, but it’s a lot more area to accumulate down in the weave. We had a bloody mess on ours one sat and it took me awhile to get it cleaned off (out).
If anything make sure you have a wash down handy to get it rinsed out quickly.
I would agree completely with semperfi. I have seagrass and love it, but fishing hooks would be a big concern for me if I fished off of it. It does clean easily, but fish blood and slime could be a challenge with its texture.

Thanks for the input. I’ll update once we pick one.

I need to pick out a new floor for our boat. Due to some subfloor issues our nutmeg teak has to go and it’s no longer an option. I like to fish and need something that won’t snag if a hook falls down or get gross from scales,sand etc. I’m curious to hear how the vinyl teak vs the other floors hold up. Hopefully we find something that compliments our furniture nicely.
View attachment 30991
View attachment 30992
Marideck is the best choice for fishing!

Back