For Our Southern Boaters

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Not sure if many of our southern boaters will notice this or not. Coming off Memorial Day weekend in Michigan. My air and water temp display. Thought this might seem as extreme to you as when I see some of the air temps some of you boat in and think to myself “Holy cow, never.”. :D Here’s the other end of that:

IMG_6386.jpeg

If unable to ready my rather poor photo while cruising at 22 mph through chop: 67 degrees air temp - a blustery 67! And 58 degrees water temp.

That's an okay winter boating day in Alabama if you really miss the boat. Otherwise I'll wait for 75 degree air temp and 78 degree water temp before I'll jump in the water. Memorial day air temp here was 90 to 93 and water temp was around 82.

The start of Memorial Day weekend last Friday it was 85 degrees and the water temp was 82 degrees!

I’m on the same lake as Vikingstaff and took my first swim of the year back on May 5th. However, I think the water temperature was a bit higher than 58 degrees!

I’m on the same lake as Vikingstaff and took my first swim of the year back on May 5th. However, I think the water temperature was a bit higher than 58 degrees!
Hmmmm…darn gauge!!!

Back