For the dogs

Eurospringer

Reaction score
What type or ladders do people use for your dogs on a pontoon?

I don't have one for my 85lb lab. While in deep water he swims with his life jacket on. When he is done I stand on the boat ladder and hang on with my left hand, grab his life jacket handle with my right and lift him up onto the rear deck. Works great for us. I know some others have used ramps while beached though.

We use the Paws aboard ladder, Works very well for my 100# Shepard. She loves to get in and out!

I installed another ladder on the other side of the swim platform, When the dog ladder is attached so humans can get back in the boat also :)

We use the Load a pup. It's a small folding platform that attaches to the ladder. Works great for our three dogs, and fits under the changing room.

This thread is WORTHLESS without pictures.....of your dogs!

I don't let the dog on the boat without his jacket and it has a handle on the back for easy lifting.

We lift our "Abbie" in and out of the water like a small suit case.

She likes her float also.

Sorry, no pictures of it in use, but we bought a "WAG model SLM-12" at the Minneapolis boat show. Had one of the platform types before that and could never get it to fit right. This was the best designed and built that I found. Just make sure to get the adjustable hook kit to fit the ladder steps.

When I had installation questions I called the support number and spoke with the company owner and designer. Great guy that answered all my questions.

Ron

Back