For those looking to add power assist

cwag911

Reaction score
Very interesting. I recently asked my dealer what it would cost and without officially looking it up the salesman thought it would be in the thousands.

When I installed the power assist, I bought a used pump for $600.00. After hoses, fittings, fluid, bracket, and having it bled, it was around a thousand. The pumps are usually $1500.00.

Very interesting. I recently asked my dealer what it would cost and without officially looking it up the salesman thought it would be in the thousands.

I have had it installed and it was $2,800 on my previous boat.

I just had my dealer add it to my 2018 22SSRX and wow what a difference. I can pull kids on the tube and put them in the "deathroll" with 2 fingers on the steering wheel!!!! Dealer charged me $2700.

Worth every penny! I will admit that when I was at the factory seeing my boat built, the guy rigging the power steering looked at me funny and asked me if I was a weakling. Really! He said he'd never installed electric assist steering on a 21 footer. LOL

To me its all about ease of operation, and enjoyment. When I want a work out, I’ll hit my heavy bag and weights. When I want to have relax or have fun, then I want to jump on the boat. Not to mention you just cannot beat it when going side to side and turning when tubing with kids.

Back