Forum Upgrade Tonight!

Bennington Web Team

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The forum will go offline for some time tonight as we upgrade to the newest version of the forum software. 

-- One change to be aware of.  Post-upgrade you will login with your display name -OR- email address.  You will no longer be able to login with your username.

Thank you all for making this Owners Club so GREAT!!!

Not absolutely sure what you mean? I think my username and display name are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I have several email addresses, I wanted to confirm which I use here. Look at the upper right corner of your screen and you will see your user name. Click there and select "My Settings." There you will have a menu of choices on the left margin. Select "Email and Password" tab. There, you will find the address you are signed up with and the one you'll need to log back in after the upgrade.

As to the difference between user name and display name, we'll have to rely on TB to explain..... I got nothing!

My user name from when I first signed up was "Mark Link"

My display name is "Link"

I could not sign on using "Mark Link" but had no problem when I used my display name of "Link"

When I tried to sign in this morning, a big box overlay said page didn't exist, contact us with no place to try again - I had used "swiftm" not my email.  When I clicked on other tabs that I had left open from before, the new format showed up but without signature line. I have been able to navigate since. Hopefully it will continue to work when I try to get back in later. 

I saw that, too... I don't like that "upgrade". It just says "someone" likes your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made it 4.   :D

Question

The old format allowed you to go to a topic that had multiple pages and then there was a button (Unread Content) that allowed you to skip to the area of the post where new content is that I haven't read yet. Is there such a button on this new format that I am missing or is that not possible anymore?

So when I haven't been on for a few days I am not searching all over for where I left of on a topic.

Chris, at the beginning of the post, click the star or dot.

Thanks Carl

That makes it much easier.. :rolleyes:  

Back