Forward Bimini For RXSB 25

franklyfrank

Reaction score
I am researching Bimini Tops for our RX and so far the closest I could find is Taylor Made 8' .
The factory top is powered however I rarely move it up and down so to keep it simple I decided to go with manual for the front.
The Taylor made comes with black square tubing and looks as it would fit .
Looking for input and suggestions from anyone gone through a similar project.

For clarity, do you have a single, OEM electronic powered Bimini currently and you are looking into adding a front dual bimini for increased shade? OR am I misunderstanding something here in your inquiry?

Correct. I hardly ever fold the existing Bimini so adding a manual one will work just fine and make installation less complicated. I was hoping to get some input from someone who has done this.

Got ya! :)

Hopefully some members will speak up soon. I do not have any dual bimini experience.

There have been a couple of discussions over the last few years regarding adding a front bimini onto an existing Bennington. Have you done a search (upper right hand corner search box) in the forum to try to track down some threads on this topic? If not, that might also be another avenue for looking into this possibility.

I have the power bimini and it has that curved front to it. I wonder how third party front bimini add-ones will connect or integrate with it? Would a gap between front and back bimini be an issue for you vs. a connected integrated set up like the OEM dual bimini combo?

The Taylor made Bimini is curved as well however how it would match up with my existing one will be a mystery until I get my hand on it. One reason I reached out to the forum in the hope that someone may have done this walk and take out the guess work. Otherwise I will simply have to wait until I get the new one and find out first hand. If the height and the curvature match up well I can have the local canvas shop add zippers to tie them together.

The Taylor made Bimini is curved as well…If the height and the curvature match up well I can have the local canvas shop add zippers to tie them together.
This would be ideal, and a great game plan. I hope someone in here has done this and can reply to you soon. Fingers crossed!

I have manual dual bimini's, my front bimini can NOT be put up by itself, independently. The framing holds the canvas in the front (folds down to the front) and is connected to the rear bimini by a zipper. If not zippered about 2.5' of material would be blowing in the breeze, it gets its support after zippered to the rear one. Not sure if a regular bimini could be installed in a rear facing environment, but mine is factory. There may be a bit of curvature on the rear, but the curve on the front one matches it when zipped.

Thank you for the update.
All the aftermarket Biminis that I looked at are stand alone full frames and it is just a matter of Geometry which way to install it . I am thinking that a good canvas shop would be able to find a way to connect the two which would provide additional stability to both. I will post pictures and info .

Back