Front Bimini

copperline

Reaction score
Just would like to know if anyone here has ordered a front Bimini after they got their boat and how much was it and what was the time frame it took to come in from bennington?

I thought about getting one but when I priced it out after the fact they were quoting me over $1K?? I thought I would get it later but now that I have been out on the boat several times I'm glad I didn't. I don't like the look of the front bimini when it's down and I don't always need total shade. So fare the stock one has plenty of shade for my 2375 GCW in the florida sun.

My wife had 2 "must haves" when we were ordering the boat -- the double bimini and the changing room/porta potty in the rear.  Before ordering I didn't like the look of the front bimini and would have liked to save the $1K+.  

However, I've really come to like the front bimini.  It's well made and goes up/joins with the main bimini easily, is very stable even at higher speeds, and we've already gotten some good use out of it even before the main heat of the summer.  I thought it might be somewhat of a visual obstruction, but I don't even notice it.             

After 1 summer in the sun with several people on our boat a second bimini seemed like a good idea.  I was quoted $2K by our local dealer.

Someone on the forum suggested bimini buddy as an alternative. I called and talked to the owner and bought a bimini buddy top for $500.  It is a close enough match to our black one and easy to put up and take down.  This past winter I had a marine upholstery shop cut it off and install a zipper between the existing top and the new one and we have been extremely pleased.

Several people have gotten aftermarket bimini tops that have worked well.

Good luck

Roy

2nd bimini.jpg

Something to consider: your existing mooring cover won't work with the second bimini without being modified. I'm not a fan of the look with the double bimini when closed but I still wish I had one. I'll have to check out that bimini buddy. 

My wife had 2 "must haves" when we were ordering the boat -- the double bimini and the changing room/porta potty in the rear.  Before ordering I didn't like the look of the front bimini and would have liked to save the $1K+.  

However, I've really come to like the front bimini.  It's well made and goes up/joins with the main bimini easily, is very stable even at higher speeds, and we've already gotten some good use out of it even before the main heat of the summer.  I thought it might be somewhat of a visual obstruction, but I don't even notice it.             
Our wives think exactly alike!  I wasn't sure about the front bimini at first but it has definitely come in handy.  On our first night cruise we got caught in the rain and everyone on board was glad that we had the double bimini!

I'm not a fan of the front Bimini but with two small kids it's just getting to hot for them.

I REALLY wanted the double bimini but couldn't get it on the 22SFX (at least that's what the dealer said). Wonder if the Bimini Buddy would work for us too?

I think I was quoted about $1600 for a Bennington front Bimini.  I wound up buying a frame and have sewn my own canvas for it.  (After buying the sewing machine, I don't think I saved much money!!!)

I just bought the Bimini Buddy for my 22SL - it's not as tight as I would like it to be because there is quite a bit of overhang.    But - it serves the purpose very nicely.   And we can use it to cover the front when underway and the stern lounges if we are at anchor.    Very easy to put up and take down.     I would recommend it for its versatility.

I just bought the Bimini Buddy for my 22SL - it's not as tight as I would like it to be because there is quite a bit of overhang.    But - it serves the purpose very nicely.   And we can use it to cover the front when underway and the stern lounges if we are at anchor.    Very easy to put up and take down.     I would recommend it for its versatility.
Can you take a pic so we can all see how the Bimini buddy looks

Back