Fuel Filler and Honda 150

Famous Frank

Reaction score
Just purchased my Benny last week. Used 2019 but only 108 hours and absolutely mint, mint, mint. It's currently stored 4 floors up in an enclosed marina. Can anyone tell me where the fuel filler is located? It's a 21 SXP. Also it has a Honda 150. I don't see any pics or threads regarding the Honda 150's. Does anyone else have one with this motor? Octane requirements? Just curious. Many thanks, Frank

Should be port side ,unless you have the optional direct fill .Direct Fill is on the deck right in front of the motor

Congratulations and Welcome.

I am pretty sure the fuel filler will be the port fill. Most likely spot on that model and year. I have a 2017 SXP (24’ SSBXP specifically). I think you’ll like the model.

I don’t have a Honda 150, BUT when we were looking at tritoon‘s back in 2016 for a 2017 order I was considering another tritoon with a Honda 150 at another dealership. I did a lot of research at the time because I wasn’t familiar with Honda outboards.

I came away VERY impressed with the Honda’s at the time. Probably one of the more fuel efficient 150 outboard motors you can get, and they had a very good reliability record/reviews. The only knock I “recall” was it was a little heavy compared to most of the other 150’s. Not a big deal in my mind for its reliability and fuel efficiency.

I am VERY confident you‘ll have a winner of a motor, particularly with so few hours on it. Enjoy it when summer comes around.

Just run ethanol free fuel in it. I've rented toons with Honda 150's, and they performed admirably. The place I rent them often is primarily nothing but Hondas. They said they were bullet proof and efficient. Thus their choice to use them. The biggest complaint I've ever heard about the Honda engines is cost and difficulty in finding someone to service them if you ever did have trouble. They are not the prettiest or quietest either. Honda has been building engines a long, long time. They know what they are doing. Their car engines are some of the more reliable engines on the market.

If I remember correctly CWAG had a Honda and spoke highly about it. Miss that man
BK have you seen Suzie lately? How is she

Last edited:
Carl had a 150 Honda .

If I remember correctly CWAG had a Honda and spoke highly about it. Miss that man

Here is a pick of the Direct fill .
1640248848792.png

Yup Carl swore by that Honda! Loved it! Suzy is doing well. Her grandkids keep her busy! Covid has put a damper on seeing her as much as we used to especially the dinners and game nights. It was easier this summer where we would meet at outdoor venues for live music. But we keep in contact with her......

Back