Fuel Filling Problems

We get LOTS of stretch’s with friends and family and their adult/teen kids. Those stays often turn into heavy duty tubing weekends. Power tubing with 3-4 adults on the Super Mable, and 4-8 people onboard gets pretty insane on gas. In those situations, I am happy to accept gas donations when we are running through a $100+/day for 2-4 days straight with their tubing activities.

Now if its just joining us and guests for leisurely day(s) on the boat, that’s another matter.
$100+ a day for 2-4 straight days?!? Jeez I'd accept donations too! Do they come every year? Ha!

$100+ a day for 2-4 straight days?!? Jeez I'd accept donations too! Do they come every year? Ha!
Oh yes, 3-4 times per summer (with the exception of this past summer in 2020 of course). My boat was never cheaper than it was last summer. :) Of course that came at the cost of not hosting our friends and family for vacations and weekend getaways.:(

On these multi-day visits, sometimes week long stays, they can go all out tubing, at a decent speed, much of the day almost every day. Honestly, the stamina for that type of tubing and water sports is impressive. Sunshine, tubing and great tunes is a great combination, but, as you know, it doesn‘t come cheap with that 200HP and the supercharger on it.

Oh yes, 3-4 times per summer (with the exception of this past summer in 2020 of course). My boat was never cheaper than it was last summer. :) Of course that came at the cost of not hosting our friends and family for vacations and weekend getaways.:(

On these multi-day visits, sometimes week long stays, they can go all out tubing, at a decent speed, much of the day almost every day. Honestly, the stamina for that type of tubing and water sports is impressive. Sunshine, tubing and great tunes is a great combination, but, as you know, it doesn‘t come cheap with that 200HP and the supercharger on it.
Okay so they also stay at your house for a week at a time?!? Plus the tubing and cruising? Set up the gas, food, and tip jar!!!

Okay so they also stay at your house for a week at a time?!? Plus the tubing and cruising? Set up the gas, food, and tip jar!!!
Yup. We have some friends out of state that travel once a summer for a week vacation with us at the lake house. Then we have our 4 siblings each with larger families that tend to each do a separate long weekend of 3-5 days up there with us. Each with 3-4 teenagers to twenty-somethings nieces and nephews to hang out with our kids (same age ranges). Before you know it, it’s been a rather full and exciting summer...albeit that’s a lot of food, drink and gas. These are the times I gratefullly accept any contributions the quests make during their stay. ;)

I understand. Sounds like alot of fun with the family at tbe lakehouse. That's what it's for right?!?

I have 13-15 coming down to my lake house end of the month. Will be fun but ill be exhausted after doing all the tubing and bbq'ing. Considering where we were a year ago, ill take it.
Have fun!

Back