Fuel gage misreading

Boomers dad

Reaction score
I thought I would start a new topic for this. When the gage shows empty I still have about 6 gals left. As long as it stays consistant I can live with it. What kind of dicrepancies are you guys having.

Steve

NY Mike

Reaction score
I thought I would start a new topic for this. When the gage shows empty I still have about 6 gals left. As long as it stays consistant I can live with it. What kind of dicrepancies are you guys having.

Steve
I have a 2011 20sli. The first time I fueled it the gauge was beween 1/2 and 3/4 tank and took 17 gallons of fuel. The fuel tank capacity is 24 gallons. The second fueling took 11 gallons and the gauge read between 3/4 and full.

At this time the dealer called Bennington tech and they stated the fuel sensor was bad and they would ship a replacement.

The dealer installed the new unit and it showed the fuel was betwee 3/4 and full. It took 8 gallons.

I don't know if this is smething I ust have to live with or if I got another bad unit.

Gastonguy

Reaction score
I did my first fuel stop and took 57 gallons. Probably pushed it a little close but the gauge seems accurate so far. Will fill up between half and quarter tank next time.

R

Retired Team Member1

I have a 2011 20sli. The first time I fueled it the gauge was beween 1/2 and 3/4 tank and took 17 gallons of fuel. The fuel tank capacity is 24 gallons. The second fueling took 11 gallons and the gauge read between 3/4 and full.

At this time the dealer called Bennington tech and they stated the fuel sensor was bad and they would ship a replacement.

The dealer installed the new unit and it showed the fuel was betwee 3/4 and full. It took 8 gallons.

I don't know if this is smething I ust have to live with or if I got another bad unit.
Hi there, the shape of the fuel tank in the S series is the culprit. It is not "flat" on the bottom, so the stainless wema sending unit read out will fluctuate...sorry. TB

iToon

Reaction score
My only issue with my 22SFi is that it seems to take forever to get from full to half, but once it gets as low as 1/4, you better be near a fillip. I went less than 5 miles and it went from 1/4 to empty on the gauge but as far as how much was in it, no clue as I didn't fill it full to see how much could have been left at empty on the gauge.