Fuel Gauge intermittent

Larson1865

Reaction score
My 2014 Bennington SSRX is intermittent on the fuel gauge.  I started noticing it last season.  Now it shows full most of the time even though I know it is at half or 3/4s.  Anyone have any thoughts as to how to diagnose or fix it?  Too new to have problems already.

I read something like that on the Facebook Pontoon Owners Group. They ran out of gas on their Benny, while the gauge was showing 3/4 full. Many suggested a float stuck or sending unit sticking. Warranty, but would wait until after the season. I'd be getting the dealer to show me some special help with this, if I was the one that ran out in the lake. He could see what it needed while I waited, then he could order while I continued to use the boat, so as not to suffer any significant down time.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first got our boat we had a similar issue with gas guage reading wrong. We took it back to dealer and he reclabrated it and we have not had any issues since. 

Not sure what was off but he stated that it is a dealer sit up issue

Dan

My 2012 has been through 2 floats and a new gauge. After 3 weeks..it's not working again. Maybe Bennington has an ongoing problem with this! 

I had an issue about 2 months ago with my gauge showing full when it had been showing half. I took the plate off where the sending unit is and tapped the top of the unit with the handle of a screwdriver and it has been working fine since then. The dealer knows about it and if it happens again I'll be taking it in at the end of summer to get fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back