Fuel Line Connection To Motor

DiamondDave952

Reaction score
Happy Saturday!
I was wondering if someone in the community would have a picture of how the fuel line (with bulb) is connected to the motor? Is the hose secured via a hose clamp or a crimped on connection? I am a few hours away from where the pontoon and would save me a trip. I want to fog my motor and watched a few YouTube videos on how to do so. Most videos show mixing the YamaLube Fogging Oil in a small gas can and running a separate fuel line from the gas can to the motor. However, the videos don't show how they removed the fuel line that is on the boat. Thank you!

I think they are typically a quick disconnect on the motor end that are crimped to the “bulb” line. If using a portable you’d want to see whats on other end. My bulb line is hose clamped to the fuel filter hosing.

I am dealing with this as well for the first time. At first, I wasn’t going to do it because there are specialty crimps on the main fuel bulb line between the boat and the motor. But then I saw another YouTube video and read the back of the bottle of Yamalube fogging oil and saw that the preferred method is to attach the mixed gas/oil directly to the primary fuel filter intake nipple (Can someone confirm it's the nipple on the left in the photo). I think it is a 5/16 inch inner diameter line (or comparable metric equivalent). From what I can tell, it is simply a plastic zip tie that is used to secure it to the nipple; easy to replace. I purchased a 5/16 inch line with a primer bulb from some person on Amazon; it hasn’t come in yet. I sure hope it works. Fogging the engine is the most complicated thing I am doing for my self winterization.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I am dealing with this as well for the first time. At first, I wasn’t going to do it because there are specialty crimps on the main fuel bulb line between the boat and the motor. But then I saw another YouTube video and read the back of the bottle of Yamalube fogging oil and saw that the preferred method is to attach the mixed gas/oil directly to the primary fuel filter intake nipple. I think it is a 5/16 inch inner diameter line (or comparable metric equivalent). From what I can tell, it is simply a plastic zip tie that is used to secure it to the nipple; easy to replace. I purchased a 5/16 inch line with a primer bulb from some person on Amazon; it hasn’t come in yet. I sure hope it works. Fogging the engine is the most complicated thing I am doing for my self winterization.
I saw that video too and also contemplating this approach as well.

I am dealing with this as well for the first time. At first, I wasn’t going to do it because there are specialty crimps on the main fuel bulb line between the boat and the motor. But then I saw another YouTube video and read the back of the bottle of Yamalube fogging oil and saw that the preferred method is to attach the mixed gas/oil directly to the primary fuel filter intake nipple (Can someone confirm it's the nipple on the left in the photo). I think it is a 5/16 inch inner diameter line (or comparable metric equivalent). From what I can tell, it is simply a plastic zip tie that is used to secure it to the nipple; easy to replace. I purchased a 5/16 inch line with a primer bulb from some person on Amazon; it hasn’t come in yet. I sure hope it works. Fogging the engine is the most complicated thing I am doing for my self winterization.

View attachment 31238
Just completed the winterization this afternoon. It wasn't too bad. One issue that I ran into was when I used the muffs on the water intake and had the water turned on full blast (as full blast what my well would provide), I wasn't getting any water peeing out from the motor. Scratching my head, I was like, it just worked last week when I pulled the boat out of the water... I decided to try and simulate the water being submerged in the lake by dipping the whole engine in a plastic garbage can. Finally got the motor to pee. I ended up fogged the motor using the approach of tapping into the inlet side of the fuel filter. Make sure you verify the inlet side because on the video the person removed the hose that had the plastic mesh around the hose. THAT IS NOT THE ONE YOU WANT TO REMOVE. There is a arrow on top of the fuel filter housing showing the direction of fuel flow. The rubber fuel line was a little difficult to remove and required a little encouragement from a flat head screw driver. Mixed half the bottle in a 1 gallon fuel tank. Below is my fogging set-up. I wasn't able to witness the "blue smoke" so I ran the motor for 5 minutes and called it. First time took me about 2-1/2 hours to complete.

Attachments

• 14023.jpg
    14023.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 32353.jpg
    32353.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 20
Make sure you verify the inlet side because on the video the person removed the hose that had the plastic mesh around the hose. THAT IS NOT THE ONE YOU WANT TO REMOVE.
We have different setups... I inspected my engine the other day and was able to trace the supply line of the fuel from the nest of hoses and cables coming from the boat to the hose with the mesh around it in the attached photos. My fuel filter is in the front of the engine toward the transom and it’s obvious the fuel line coming from the left side is the intake. And the arrow (which I didn’t see until you mentioned it) confirms the direction. Thank you for the images!

Attachments

• BD373E37-AEFC-475C-B00B-1B2B89C588D1.jpeg
    BD373E37-AEFC-475C-B00B-1B2B89C588D1.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
  • C00E4157-7A67-4018-B74B-5EBB2C67237C.jpeg
    C00E4157-7A67-4018-B74B-5EBB2C67237C.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 15
Back