Fuel venting issues

Mlwroten

Reaction score
My 2019 Bennington with Yamaha F115 has been stalling out this year. First time it did was at low power and the priming bulb was completely empty and would not pick up fuel. Pulled the water separator filter and it was bone dry. Filled it with fuel and then was able to prime system using priming bulb. Engine started and after a couple of stalls within the first five minutes, which I attributed to residual air in system, I was able to operate for about an hour with no issues. Next time out i had stalling issues a couple of times but was able to prime and restart immediately using priming bulb. Day before yesterday I took apart my vent system and only found a bit of debris on the screen where the vent line comes out of tank. Vent lines and charcoal filter were clear and had very little resistance when blown through. Took bout out yesterday and issue happened twice. Any ideas? Calling dealer tomorrow.

My 2019 Bennington with Yamaha F115 has been stalling out this year. First time it did was at low power and the priming bulb was completely empty and would not pick up fuel. Pulled the water separator filter and it was bone dry. Filled it with fuel and then was able to prime system using priming bulb. Engine started and after a couple of stalls within the first five minutes, which I attributed to residual air in system, I was able to operate for about an hour with no issues. Next time out i had stalling issues a couple of times but was able to prime and restart immediately using priming bulb. Day before yesterday I took apart my vent system and only found a bit of debris on the screen where the vent line comes out of tank. Vent lines and charcoal filter were clear and had very little resistance when blown through. Took bout out yesterday and issue happened twice. Any ideas? Calling dealer tomorrow.
Really sounds like you have tried to go through the system pretty thoroughly. I agree it with turning that one over to the dealer at this point. However, I am not mechanically inclined or knowledgeable like many bright and experienced owners in here. Maybe they’ll have some ideas to take a final look at. Good luck either way.

May just have a small air leak in. the priming bulb

Back