Fueling

MGTodd

Reaction score
Love my 2022 - L23 but fueling is a pain (not just the cost!). I'm on a fairly remote stretch of river. There are no fueling spots on the water for miles so I have to fill from cans. I got the plastic adapter but it is almost impossible to get a clean fill. I finally have started setting the can in a tub on the rear deck and syphoning my gas in. That has made it better. But I still can't tell when the tank is getting full except by going to the helm to check the gauges. My suggession to Bennington: Either install a fuel guage beside the fill port or attach a gauge to a 6'cable in the rear deck access panel so we can pull it out and see when the tank is full.

Choptank

Have you tried a Super Siphon ? They are available at Amazon. I have used it on my previous Benningtons with Port Fill and still use it with my Direct Fill .

Have you tried a Super Siphon ? They are available at Amazon. I have used it on my previous Benningtons with Port Fill and still use it with my Direct Fill .
+1
I got the 3/4” tube, and it’s the largest that will fit in the fuel port. It’ll empty a 5gallon can once started in 20-30 seconds….

Easier to manage since it doesn’t require lifting the gas can is a drill pump hooked to your cordless drill…. Check harbor freight…

I use a battery powered pump. Mine is from harbor freight, $9 to about $11. Takes 3:20 to empty a 5 gallon can. I’ve seen same pump for quite bit more at other places so shop around if interested. I like the delivery on/off capability and haven’t spilled a drop (yet). I do 2 five gal cans at a time and just get gas when I’m by a station. WaWa is $.15 off with app till 1Nov. I place can on a 5gal pail inside boat and fill from in and above. (can holds rags for spill) I watch level on tank and display. My boat is a 56 gal tank and it holds 58 easy. I don’t do that anymore as I’m too nervous about gas venting in heat. A buddy of mine now does the same on his center console, he says it the easiest fueling he has ever done and cheaper too. Everyone in my neighborhood uses a fuel delivery service but it’s on their schedule so it’s a pain in the A sometimes.

If you install a fuel flow meter device you'll know down to sub-1 gallon how much capacity is available to fill. No more guessing.

As far as your recommendation goes it's a novel idea that might be a good option for some.

Below is what I used until I got my current boat with direct fill. With direct fill I use a tall funnel.

Back