Gaff Storage.

MrG

Reaction score
Everyone should have a Gaff / Extending pole. And in my opinion it’s gotta be very easy to get to. I have one in my center toon storage which is a total failure. Example yesterday a towel fell off the boat and into the water and by the time I opened the center toon storage and moved everything and grabbed the gaff the towel was down in Dave’s Jones Locker ☹️

If the gaff was in reach I would ave been no problem. So with that said what are your ideas or solutions. I was thinking of mounting Myn up under the Bimini? The mounts are gonna have to be customized ?
Gotta make sure the mounts don’t mess with the closing of the Bimini

This RailBLAZA has some cool mounts. My problem is that my Square Bimini frames sit at all weird angles. So if I used a mount like this they would be at all different angles

I was thinking of Making some Custom mounts that go on the Bimini, That would be Magnetic or velcrow. And then I could glue some Metal or velcrow to the aluminum gaff. This way I could simply gab and go.

We have ours on the floor in between the Captain's chair and the side panel. Readily accessible and we know exactly where it is when needed!

BigK. Thats a Great location but I have the rear Galley Right behind the drivers seat. I have No clear (straight space) anywhere on the floor. So I gotta go UP to the Bimini. The more I have been thinking of it the more I’m happy with going the direction I’m gonna go. I think I’m gonna make 2 small “L”-shaped Aluminum brackets that bolt to the Bimini using a RivNuts I’ll line the inside of the “L” Bracket with Velcro. This will create A small Shelf like mounting place for the gaff. I’ll put Velcro on the gaff itself and it should make a good solid mount point & most important “easy to remove” the gaff is gonna have to come down each time I fold the biminis ect. I hate drilling into the Bimini frame for a mount point but a RivNut is the best possible option IMO if your gonna do a permanent mod.

I decided to make up some J style mounts for the Gaff. I figured if I could match the contour of the gaff, the Velcro would have a much larger surface to grip onto making the mounts smaller.. I figured this way you could sorta Roll the Gaff off the velcro mounts

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpeg
    IMG_0341.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 0
This inside will be lined with Velcro. And then these will be drilled and RivNutted to the Bimini Frame. In this location. . I’m also gonna get rid of the Blue sponge handles for Black this way it will blend in more

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpeg
    IMG_0339.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 8
Back