Garmin Digital Instrumentation.

katiesdad7

Reaction score
I just got my 2021 SSBX and love it. I ordered the digital gauges but since I got the 8 inch Garmin unit there are no gauges. Its all on the Garmin. Problem is that some times the engine gauges work and sometimes they don't. And the fuel gauge says 40% and 3 gallons till empty. Plus the Kicker radio only works 1/2 the time. And yes its brand new.

Any ideas?

Did you get a copy of the build sheet to verify that everything was accounted for, installed, and set up during dealer prep?

You said Garmin, and I have the SIMRAD, but I imagine they are similar. In my case, you can only see engine info while the engine is running. That includes maintenance info, engine hours, etc. Regarding the fuel, there's a spot to input the actual size of your gas tank, somewhere in the settings, make sure that's correct. Also, it looks like you need to record the amount of fuel in order for the Vessel Fuel Remaining to work properly. Here's a link to the SIMRAD manual: https://www.gpscentral.ca/manuals/Simrad_GO-XSE_OM_EN.pdf

You said Garmin, and I have the SIMRAD, but I imagine they are similar. In my case, you can only see engine info while the engine is running. That includes maintenance info, engine hours, etc. Regarding the fuel, there's a spot to input the actual size of your gas tank, somewhere in the settings, make sure that's correct. Also, it looks like you need to record the amount of fuel in order for the Vessel Fuel Remaining to work properly. Here's a link to the SIMRAD manual: https://www.gpscentral.ca/manuals/Simrad_GO-XSE_OM_EN.pdf

Plus the fact, If it’s not, the fuel gauge needs to be hooked up to the fuel tank sending unit. At least I read that for mine, but it’s too much of a pita to do, but I can see my fuel tank easily to verify against my analog gauge.

You are correct. I had the sales rep come over today and he showed me how to input the amount of gas I put in the tank. I guess one reads off the sending unit and the other doesn't. He did agree that some of the gauges didn't work. Some were set up for a 2 engine boat and he changed those settings. SO some of them work now. But some are still intermittent. I took pictures and he has them.

But we really love the boat.

Not a fan of Simrad instrumentation.
Better have your grandkids along so someone can figure it out.

Not a fan of Simrad instrumentation.
Better have your grandkids along so someone can figure it out.

I agree that getting the simrad initially configured takes a good amount of effort, but once you're there, it's a great setup.

I agree that getting the simrad initially configured takes a good amount of effort, but once you're there, it's a great setup.

‘Until it does a reset like mine on Sunday. Had to redo all my settings ...:mad:

Back