Garmin Echo 101 Problem

I'll try and get a close up shot of mine on the lift later. Problem is it is on the opposite side of the dock.

You should be able to get to it pretty easy. I installed my transducer (used the old bracket holes in the mount), ran the wiring, and installed my 53DV while it was anchored in a couple feet of water. That included removing the old transducer wiring and running the new wiring underneath. (I don't have under-skinning though). I moved it out to 4-5' of water so I could stand up underneath it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try and get a close up shot of mine on the lift later. Problem is it is on the opposite side of the dock.

No worries but thanks for the offer!

You should be able to get to it pretty easy. I installed my transducer (used the old bracket holes in the mount), ran the wiring, and installed my 53DV while it was anchored in a couple feet of water. That included removing the old transducer wiring and running the new wiring underneath. (I don't have under-skinning though). I moved it out to 4-5' of water so I could stand up underneath it.

With a sense of renewed confidence, weather permitting Sunday or Monday, I'll give it a go...

I have mine bolted on loose so it swings back if I hit debris rather than break off. 

I have the extended deck and I can sit on the deck and reach down with my leg and adjust the position of the sensor with my foot, all while at the same time watching the screen on the helm to see when it starts working again.  If adjusted right, I get good readings all the way to my max speed of 40mph.

I have mine bolted on loose so it swings back if I hit debris rather than break off. 

I have the extended deck and I can sit on the deck and reach down with my leg and adjust the position of the sensor with my foot, all while at the same time watching the screen on the helm to see when it starts working again.  If adjusted right, I get good readings all the way to my max speed of 40mph.

Food for thought. I'd be happy to have it work up to my normal cruising speed of 25 mph or so. So, what you're saying is that there is hope!

There is more than hope.  You'll get it working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back