Garmin Striker 4 screen too dark

JandKE

Reaction score
Live: Rochester, MN; Boat: Hutchinson, MN
My grandson was 'pushing buttons' on the Garmin and now the screen is too dark to see...I know it's working because I can barely see the depth display and it beeps if I try too many buttons. I have searched this forum and went online to find the online users manual but haven't had any luck with step-by-step instructions on how to do a factory reset or any other method of fixing this, so I thought I'd ask the collective genius that is this forum for help. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do to fix it? We are at the lake for 10 days now, so I will have an opportunity to go out there at night and hopefully there will be enough light to see it successfully then...but would appreciate any other suggestions!

I'm not familiar with Garmins, but is there a backlight you can turn on to help you see the screen better so you can adjust settings?

This is what I found online in the manual:

1593703211246.png

(irritated at work today, so checking out the forum to cool down a bit)

When your Striker 4 is on, press the power button once. This will bring up the power menu. The back light adjustment is the top choice, so hit the check mark to select. Press the right arrow button to brighten. Hit check mark again to save change.

Just verified this. You may have to press the right arrow several times. Brightness goes up 10% per press.

I was able to fix my issue, using the tip that MikeOnTheLake pointed out, by tapping the power button it cycled through the backlight settings. I could not see any of the screens, so this tip made it easy to reset the backlight. Thank You to all who replied to try to help me out...

Back