Garmin Striker Question

isnowboard

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my first Bennington. 2018 SSRCX, Yamaha 150 w/stainless prop, twin 32" ellipticals w/lifting strakes, extended aft deck. Beautiful boat. This came equipped with a Garmin Striker 4. The issue I am having is that I can't get the Garmin fired up. I have tried to turn it on when the ignition switch is on, when the boat is running, turning on different accessory switches, but no luck. At some point I did hear a beep. Went on forum and see that it could be the backlight adjustment. I have since tried to power on, then press check and right arrow. But no luck. Was hoping to get some pointers, so I am not experimenting flipping switches and pushing buttons. Thanks in advance for the guidance.

I have to turn on an Acc switch and then press the on-power button on the Garmin for it to start.

That’s great to hear. I’m glad it is working now. I picked up my boat two weeks ago and my lighted LED cupholders wouldn’t work. I did the same thing. Went under the console and Bennington forgot to wire them to the other wiring. I told the dealer and they fixed them in about 15 minutes or so.

Back