Gauge lights

papajoe74

Reaction score
Have 2022 L24 SB. Took it out in the dark last night and my gauges were not lit. i assumed they were supposed to. Any idea on how to turn them on? All other lights worked fine.

My S model came with simple round gages (see photo) and a electrical schematic that was useful when I added gages. If your boat has this type of gage then my experience might be of value. First of all the gage lights are weak and only visible when it is really dark. The power wire to the lights is teed into the power wire to the gages. The power for the gages comes from the the key switch via a 10 amp fuse that is nearly impossible to access. That is probably not the source of your problem. Before you dive on in make sure you really do not have lights. Hope this helps.
1656946061706.jpeg

Check the owner’s manual to see if there is a dimmer. My ‘22SX gauge lights are clearly visible in my open-sided boathouse (3 sides) during the day.

Last edited:
Please tell us how this turns out. Collectively we can learn from your experience.

Ok. Here’s the deal. I have multiple function gauges which are not addressed in the owners manual. They are addressed in the Yamaha motor booklet. The directions are in the booklet on how to change the brightness of the backlighting as well as all the other functions of the gauges. So I will give it a try next time I’m at the boat.

Ok. Here’s the deal. I have multiple function gauges which are not addressed in the owners manual. They are addressed in the Yamaha motor booklet. The directions are in the booklet on how to change the brightness of the backlighting as well as all the other functions of the gauges. So I will give it a try next time I’m at the boat.

It would be helpful to specify which gauges you have as well, standard Bennignton or Yamaha brand round or square.

Back