Going to help the men out ~ a helpful suggestion when buying a new boat

T&M2619

Reaction score
When buying our boat this past September, the lady who was doing our paperwork for the purchase & completing the registration papers at the dealership for some reason didn't ask whose name to put the boat in (as we were both sitting there & I wrote the check).  So for whatever reason she put the boat in my name, not my husband's name.  Sooooo legally,  it's "my boat"!  Love saying ..."this is my boat!" :)   How cool is that?

Pretty cool, until the times the boat has to be cleaned and guess what I've already heard?  "Dear, you need to clean the boat!"  ME??  "Well ... it is your boat!"   :p  

So, I just gave you guys a nice suggestion.  You're welcome!    And yes, I have cleaned the boat (several times)  while my husband sat in one of the Captain's chairs, leaned back & telling me the places I missed. :unsure:   Smiling and repeating..."It's YOUR boat, you gotta take care of it!"

LOL

Well As The Captain 

You decide who is on The Boat and when 

Ofcourse you may want to eliminate Alcohol and Food as well 

Being the Owner / Captain has it's advantages (lol)

21076846-Girl-dressed-as-a-pirate--Stock-Vector-cartoon.jpg

LOL @ Pittsburgh!  You know, you're right!  I think I have the power to turn this situation around in my favor.  I think the 1st Mate will have some additional duties and as Captain, I don't necessarily have to be the one cleaning the boat!  Thank You!

Our boat is in the wife's name. But the vehicles, dune buggy and jet ski all are in mine. She pulls the "my boat" card every once in a while. My response is "then why am I paying for it?"

LakeLiving

My advice is lock up the house with dead bolts 

Pull the blinds and curtains shut 

Then Leave Late Night 

Don't say where you are going 

Just Go 

Come Back In June or July

I think every woman in the country may react to that statement  !!

hqdefault.jpg

Whoa now!

Hold on there!

Boating without drinking?

Well, that'd be like mowing lawn........................................without drinking 

Desperate times call for desperate measures 

As you say it is DRASTIC

BUT

I think if Trish implements this Mel will be a little more helpful :)

stock-vector-cartoon-of-happy-sailor-in-uniform-with-mop-and-bucket-cleaning-equipment-53232718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything we own is in BOTH of our names! As far as cleaning the boat it's a joint effort! Piece of cake!

The vehicles are a different story.......she knows where the car wash is........she drives right past it all the time.

LOL @ Pittsburgh!  Thanks for your help!  

@ BigKahuna ~  everything we own is also in both our names too.  But the lady at the dealership had the paperwork done with my name as the boat owner and we just left it that way!  No biggie!  But I do get to say " It's my Boat!"  But now he says ... "So where do you plan to put your boat?  I have a boathouse!"   :)

My neighbor bought a boat a few years ago.  She got it while her husband was out of town!  So, we give him ENDLESS crap about it being "Connie's" boat.  Especially whenever he calls it "my" boat.  Or "our" boat.  One of us always reminds him of the fact that it's not his boat.  It's usually a race as to who reminds him first.  Sometimes its a chorus of several of us simultaneously saying "its not YOUR boat..."

LOL @ Kaydano!  Yes, it's a joke with us too now!  :)

Back