Handy hints, gadgets, products, gizmos & ideas...

Here is a picture of the Racks setup and loaded. Will post more details ASAP. The left hand picture has both a ZUP and Wakeboard.
You’ve become the McGyver of this group in one summer. ;):D:cool:

Never thought about it , if we are not on the move we just jump in.

Has anyone installed water misters to their boat for those scorcher days?
We’ll usually just jump in when its getting a bit much, but we are in Michigan, so I think we have more heat flexibility so to speak. This is a neat idea and curious if anyone will chime in. I never thought of it either…

Has anyone installed water misters to their boat for those scorcher days?
Not sure what lake you are in, but on the Colorado River lakes, the water is super hard. The groundwater is really bad, so not sure if the river/lake water is similar, but trying to use misters on a home, even with treated water is really tricky. Unless you get the super high PSI pumps, the mister nozzles will get corroded fast, and without the high pressure to break the barnacles free every time it's turned on, they always stay clogged. Pretty much have to soak them in CLR after every use. And you might as well not waste your time and money on the cheap Lowes/Home Depot kits, they just won't work. They will eventually just annoyingly drip water instead of misting.

The powerful ones are something like 1000 or 1500 PSI. But I never thought about it on the boat, that might be something to look into. It is amazing what a difference those misters can make.

But your water may not be as bad. Maybe you can have a sample tested at a local lab to find the water quality and see what you are working with.

I have a portable mister system that we use in KY. It has a 6 gallon water tank with pump that is 12 volt. I hang the hose and misters from the Bimini. Work great. The system is designed for popup canopies at sports games.

Seasonal Reminder - your box anchors are better with a wood tote! Small and Large shown (mediums not made). I have had versions from both Slide Anchor and other makers - the slide anchor worked just that much smoother and felt it was worth the small premium. I usually use the large anchor, our lake is windy and sandy, sometimes I need both, sometimes I can get away with the small. Both fit under my front bench seat. Enjoy boating season!!!2023-06-09 18.16.13 BoxAnchor Tote Small and Large.jpg2023-06-09 18.16.30.jpg

Seasonal Reminder - your box anchors are better with a wood tote! Small and Large shown (mediums not made). I have had versions from both Slide Anchor and other makers - the slide anchor worked just that much smoother and felt it was worth the small premium. I usually use the large anchor, our lake is windy and sandy, sometimes I need both, sometimes I can get away with the small. Both fit under my front bench seat. Enjoy boating season!!!View attachment 34440View attachment 34441
Where did you get the holders for the box anchors from. Is there a good box anchor you recommend?

You can get them almost anywhere . I have a small and a baby . One at amazon and one at west marine ,it depends on the size of your pontoon . The small holds my Q23 just fine . I use the baby in the stern on windy days to stop the sway . I keep mine in the bag they came with, and store them under my seats .

You can get them almost anywhere . I have a small and a baby . One at amazon and one at west marine ,it depends on the size of your pontoon . The small holds my Q23 just fine . I use the baby in the stern on windy days to stop the sway . I keep mine in the bag they came with, and store them under my seats .

@Jack M , thank you so much, I just purchased the small box anchor as our boat will be a 20ft. what type of rope do I need for the box anchor? The Max depth of our lake is 53 ft.

I use regular anchor line with about a 4ft chain.

I saw them at a Bennington show a few years back . Check with your dealer.

Where did you get the holders for the box anchors from. Is there a good box anchor you recommend?
I found the original slide anchor works that much better when setting up and taking down, the lock pin is a bit smoother. The canvas wood tote is from Amazon, total game changer using the box, much easier and safer to get to and from. I have both a small and large box, about 50/50 use, any wind I need the large, sometimes both if I really want it steady. But it is a beast. No chain needed, I prefer the nylon rope.

Are these good for tieoffs with other pontoons or just for docking?
You may want to add a few classic fenders or bumpers in the middle, tied-off from the railing. I use the sentry fenders on the cleats to protect the decks and rub rails where it's difficut to get a classic fender tied high enough to protect the deck.

Back