Has anyone switched their stereo head unit?

Kells

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a little unsatisfied with the Sony m6 head unit, and the round remote mounted on the dash.

The USB does not work with my android phone, nor does it even charge (I'll try different cables to confirm)

I really would like to simply connect via bluetooth.  I'm considering purchasing this bluetooth controller from Wet Sounds and running the aux to the front of the Sony aux-in.

x867WWBTVC-o_topview.jpg

Maybe that will satsify my need...  I really liked the Sony Bluetooth head unit, but that needs to have direct access and wont work mounted in the helm...

Has anyone looked at upgrading their head unit (AND) the Sony Controller on the dash?  If so with what products? 

Does Bennington have a proprietary harness?

I have the same radio but have not tried the blue tooth yet .Too many other issues right now .

I wont be getting out today it only 48 right now.

I will try it and post this weekend .

What I didn't care for on the sony remote is that you cannot manually tune a radio station .

I also still have to figure out which is the antenna . Last year I had a flat one this year I have not idea .

It needs to be stretched out ,I could not tune in the baseball game yesterday .

That is also the type of antenna I had last year and is what I was looking for .

There is not one like that on the back of mine .

I just noticed you have a 2013 ,I wonder if they changed antenna's for 14 ?

Hello,

I'm a little unsatisfied with the Sony m6 head unit, and the round remote mounted on the dash.

The USB does not work with my android phone, nor does it even charge (I'll try different cables to confirm)

I really would like to simply connect via bluetooth.  I'm considering purchasing this bluetooth controller from Wet Sounds and running the aux to the front of the Sony aux-in.

x867WWBTVC-o_topview.jpg

Maybe that will satsify my need...  I really liked the Sony Bluetooth head unit, but that needs to have direct access and wont work mounted in the helm...

Has anyone looked at upgrading their head unit (AND) the Sony Controller on the dash?  If so with what products? 

Does Bennington have a proprietary harness?

That's prety click.  I have an older radio/boat however it has an aux in jack so currently I have a cable plugged in (all the time) under the helm for aux and when I want to plug my Android phone in I simply grab the cable out from under the helm and plug my phone into it.  It would be nice to have the thing you're talking about so I can play my music via Bluetooth.  Maybe I'll pick that up.

Yeah but if I get the bluetooth thing I won't need this (no wires at all).

Yea I will still use this because I already have the usb on my dash and replacing it with this usb/aux jack is just saving me space.. Once that Dual multimedia receiver is released I will give it a dry run before installing since it requires 3.5" hole and would require enlarging the existing cut out which is permanent. I pre ordered it btw.

Has anyone used the wet sounds Bluetooth?

I have an Infinity radio and do use the bluetooth, when I use the radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swapped mine out with a JVC model that has bluetooth.  Radio reception is horrible so we only listen to the bluetooth iPhones.  It has two USB ports in the rear so we can also plug in an iPod.  Works great, but i did have to splice the wires together b/c the harnesses were not compatible.  The cool thing is the head unit displays the track you're listening to, and can be used to skip or rewind the songs without touching the phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079LGNAO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought a USB extender but realize now with bluetooth I don't need it.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UBCWHY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back